• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade on this X-Men 130?

33 posts in this topic

So how much longer you gonna keep us hanging juggle.gifflowerred.gif

Deadline is 6:37 p.m. Monday - still need grades from:

#8,917

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif and that's just from the "winsomeyoulosesome" bracket sumo.gif

So, whats the rest of the story on this?

I think holiday festivities started early for TheBeyonder 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Indeed they did. headbang.gif

Beautiful weekend. cloud9.gif

Although a little anti-climatic at this point:

CGCSSX-MEN130.jpg

I expected the grade to go up, but I hadn't considered the possibilty of a drop in PQ.

At least the QP never changes. cloud9.gif

So, I guess I am a little confused.

You bought it as a CGG 9.4

Cracked it, had Byrne sign it, and it got a 9.6?

Or you cracked it and sent in it, and then it came back 9.6?

I took it to my LCS & watched in horror as Peter Dixon attempted to crack open a CGG case for the 1st time. 893whatthe.gif

Despite my anxiety...the removal was successful, and I was able to hold the book in hand. Crisp. cloud9.gif

The book was then placed in a mylar & taken to Ohio for the supposedly last John Byrne convention appearance.

John Byrne signs the bottom of the 1st page...and having been witnessed by a CGC official...the sig is authenticated & submitted under the Signature Series Yellow Label.

(On a hunt for CGG 9.4's)

That was my 1st & only CGG book, so I have no idea if the data is consistent. yeahok.gif

PQ was a surprise.

Were you to accept a single example to be sufficient 'proof'...I would also recommend red label CGC slabs. gossip.gif

From the examples I've seen of CGG/PGX books being broken out and sent to CGC:

about 65% went up in grade

about 25% were PLODed (no restored label before)

and the other 10% went down in grade

I've heard a lot about the old red label CGC books going up upon resubmittal, too. Of course people might not be so eager to share when the books go down or stay the same...

Only around 20-30. Of course these aren't extremely reliable stats, mostly stuff I've seen on these boards. Like I said, it's not like everyone reports what happens everytime they resubmit a book.

gossip.gif Some people here have agendas (like trying to make CGC/PGX look good/bad) gossip.gif

It's not exactly news that PGX had issues with missing resto, or that no grader/grading company in the history of the world has ever been perfect.

I had Flying donut's Iron Man 100 35 cent variant CGC 8.0 red label resubmitted for grading - broke it out, "pressed" it where I thought necessary tongue.gif, and it came back as a blue label CGC 8.0 confused-smiley-013.gif I guess I got screwed... 27_laughing.gif