• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic-con in booth signings.

3 posts in this topic

Hi - I will be attending the NYC Comicon on Sunday and was wondering about autographs in artists alley. Some artists list in booth signings. Does this mean they will sign for free? Or are these artists who charge for signings? The artist alley list has about 20 to 30 percent of artists who advertise the in booth signings. Hope someone out there can clear up my confusion. Thanks. 

My guess is the following:

Panels - represents creators who will be speaking at panels and are not available for signings.

Artist Alley - creators who have a table and will be signing at their table and selling their own art and/or creator owned titles

In Booth Signing - creator who is signing at a store booth.  (for example, Midtown Comics may pay a creator to sign at their booth in order to draw more fans there in an attempt to boost sales.)

All signing fees (whether at Artist Alley or In Booth Signings) are determined by the creators.