• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Showcase #4 with writing and piece out of front cover
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Wanted to see what grades you guys would give this.  Writing on top edge and close to Flash's face.  Piece torn out from front cover and first 3 pages.  Some staining, creases, and a small chip out of the bottom back cover.  

This is slabbed by another company so I apologize in advance for the glare. 

image.png.8977840ab45b998d7f88f8add7de59b3.png

IMG_5110.jpg

Edited by jeranimal

The chunk out of the cover looks about 1.5" x 0.5".  Overstreet grading for GD 2.0 allows for the largest piece missing from the front or back cover to be a 1/2" triangle or a 1/4" square.  We know that CGC does not always agree with Overstreet on this criteria, but I think in this case there is not much wiggle room for such a large defect.  Large area of color loss on the red background.  Soiling on the back cover is moderate. 

1.0 - 1.5

Without the missing pieces from the front cover (and first 3 pages as you have stated) I would have graded this book at a GD/VG 3.0.

With the missing pieces I feel it is a FR/GD 1.5 Well Loved Copy, Nice Book!!!  :applause: :cloud9:

Edited by marvelmaniac