• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tec 27- Single Pages Sold in 2018 (Non- Bats)

10 posts in this topic

3 pages according to GPA this year averaging $2500 a page.  Yowza !  On line with the Action 1 non supes pages if memory serves.      Anybody purchase the non Bat tec 27 pages here  or want to discuss buying any via a private sale ? 

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

3 pages according to GPA this year averaging $2500 a page.  Yowza !  On line with the Action 1 non supes pages if memory serves.      Anybody purchase the non Bat tec 27 pages here  or want to discuss buying any via a private sale ? 

Does it mention which pages?   Centerfold and last pages would be most likely to help someone complete a copy (the first pages with the Batman story were sometimes clipped and saved by kids back in the day, and they have surfaced that way a number of times; but in each of those cases the last pages were discarded.  So when copies are missing outer wraps the last pages can sometimes be more difficult to find than the first pages)

Edited by bluechip

7 hours ago, bluechip said:

Does it mention which pages?   Centerfold and last pages would be most likely to help someone complete a copy (the first pages with the Batman story were sometimes clipped and saved by kids back in the day, and they have surfaced that way a number of times; but in each of those cases the last pages were discarded.  So when copies are missing outer wraps the last pages can sometimes be more difficult to find than the first pages)

21st.  25th. And 30th Page. Not sure how that plays out secondary to your post 

46 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

21st.  25th. And 30th Page. Not sure how that plays out secondary to your post 

Hard to say if anyone needed those particular pages or some people just wanted a piece of a tec 27 that badly.   I have pages from multiple incomplete copies that altogether nearly constitutes a complete total frankenstein coverless copy, and would love to get the few pages still missing, but if those prices are the norm I might do better simply selling them off individually. 

6 minutes ago, bluechip said:

Hard to say if anyone needed those particular pages or some people just wanted a piece of a tec 27 that badly.   I have pages from multiple incomplete copies that altogether nearly constitutes a complete total frankenstein coverless copy, and would love to get the few pages still missing, but if those prices are the norm I might do better simply selling them off individually. 

Keep me in mind for a centerfold if you ever do :foryou:  I have a certified back cover I’d be willing to offer up if that helps :wishluck:

1 minute ago, Chicago Boy said:

Keep me in mind for a centerfold if you ever do :foryou:  I have a certified back cover I’d be willing to offer up if that helps :wishluck:

Do you have everything but the CF or just looking to get that as a good investment?   (btw all the pages are split and trimmed to one extent or another so any marriage to another book would mean putting them in loose or leaf-casted).   Not asking because I am that close to selling; just thinking about it for now

18 minutes ago, bluechip said:

Do you have everything but the CF or just looking to get that as a good investment?   (btw all the pages are split and trimmed to one extent or another so any marriage to another book would mean putting them in loose or leaf-casted).   Not asking because I am that close to selling; just thinking about it for now

Everything but the centerfold and front cover. Mine is an old DC archives copy so the pages are already loose actually. Sounds like you and I are pretty much in the same place. The back cover is about 3/5 present. It was lifted off a 1.0.  I had to have it slabbed separately.  

On 10/10/2018 at 9:30 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Everything but the centerfold and front cover. Mine is an old DC archives copy so the pages are already loose actually. Sounds like you and I are pretty much in the same place. The back cover is about 3/5 present. It was lifted off a 1.0.  I had to have it slabbed separately.  

Ah.   I think I know where all of those parts came from.  Covers may exist out there but in all my years collecting I only heard of one actual cover-only coming up for sale.   There must have been some I didn't hear about, because back in the late 30s and early 40s there were a lot of kids tearing up books to keep only the parts they liked (often the cover and the Bat or Supe story), and some kids pasted the front covers into scrapbooks.  Stuff like that.

8 hours ago, bluechip said:

Ah.   I think I know where all of those parts came from.  Covers may exist out there but in all my years collecting I only heard of one actual cover-only coming up for sale.   There must have been some I didn't hear about, because back in the late 30s and early 40s there were a lot of kids tearing up books to keep only the parts they liked (often the cover and the Bat or Supe story), and some kids pasted the front covers into scrapbooks.  Stuff like that.

So then any idea where my DC file copy CF ended up ??  I have seen examples of laminated front covers so maybe there’s hope.  What do you think is harder to find : a lone  CF or a lone BC to this issue ??

Edited by Chicago Boy