• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

Just got these in couple days ago. This is V1, #13 - July 19th, 1972

Had never seen this before and really just expected a small write up - being it is 'Monster' times. (I got them for the cover Romita art)

GREAT w/over 8pg's on 'Spidey' - not to mention a full fold out poster type item.

Interesting how much is really out there no matter how much time we all put into this hobby! I know I learn new stuff every day ~ just on these boards over past week or so.

Enjoy!

TheMonsterTimes13_1972-Spidey.jpg

Just got these in couple days ago. This is V1, #13 - July 19th, 1972

Had never seen this before and really just expected a small write up - being it is 'Monster' times. (I got them for the cover Romita art)

GREAT w/over 8pg's on 'Spidey' - not to mention a full fold out poster type item.

Interesting how much is really out there no matter how much time we all put into this hobby! I know I learn new stuff every day ~ just on these boards over past week or so.

Enjoy!

TheMonsterTimes13_1972-Spidey.jpg

very cool!

I'm not sure where to post this one since I never look at the modern threads, so I'll put it here. A nice, glossy copy of Vanguard Illustrated 2 that came in a pile of misc. Is this one of the more in-demand Pacific Comics because of the Dave Stevens cheesecake cover?

Jack

45466-Vanguard2.jpg

Nice book, a bit more uncommon than the other Dave Steven covers.

docsolar1.jpg

(worship) Nice solid copy, Congrats!

It is a beauty. More like a science-fiction paperback cover than a comic book cover, really. Do you have a copy that nice of #2 to show? I like that one even better with the faux torn-paper edge. Suprising that the artist (Richard Powers) could turn out such detailed work on comic-book page rates. Was Western/ Gold Key thinking about producing a Dr Solar paperback rather than comic book?

Jack

hompaperback001.jpg

:o I've never seen those before. Are they novels or comic reprints?

Each book has several short stories by Jack Oleck of which the 1st page of each story has a glorious Wrightson illustration...the covers are Wrightson as well... :cloud9: