• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

It is a beauty. More like a science-fiction paperback cover than a comic book cover, really. Do you have a copy that nice of #2 to show? I like that one even better with the faux torn-paper edge. Suprising that the artist (Richard Powers) could turn out such detailed work on comic-book page rates. Was Western/ Gold Key thinking about producing a Dr Solar paperback rather than comic book?

--------------------------------------

Those brilliant painted covers on those Goldkey books are par for the course. They're real works of art. The insides of most of those books OTOH......

It is a beauty. More like a science-fiction paperback cover than a comic book cover, really. Do you have a copy that nice of #2 to show? I like that one even better with the faux torn-paper edge. Suprising that the artist (Richard Powers) could turn out such detailed work on comic-book page rates. Was Western/ Gold Key thinking about producing a Dr Solar paperback rather than comic book?

--------------------------------------

Those brilliant painted covers on those Goldkey books are par for the course. They're real works of art. The insides of most of those books OTOH......

Not true for the first few Dr Solar. They're strong stories with very good artwork (Fujitani then Bolle) at least until Doc put on the spandex. Much better production values than other comics at the time too.

Jack

this isn't really a recent addition, but i was just looking at the sketch today (it belongs to my girlfriend), and i thought i'd share it here with the comic cover it's from.

incrediblehulkcoverbykaareandrews.jpg

wherethewildthingsroamhulksketchbyk.jpg

Sweet Avengers kow

i second that.

very very very sweet books!

Thank you both. :acclaim:

That #70 made me grab my avengers essentials to give it another read. (thumbs u

I`m a fan of the squadron, so i wanted a really nice copy of that one.

Nice book, mjacobs. Great colors!

Thanks! I wish I could show you all of It in one pic. :pullhair:

You could, but you're cropping off the wrong end!

Jack

Quite true. Im just frustrated because I now have two 8 1/2 x 11 inch bed scaners instead of one 8 1/2 x 11 and one 8 1/2 x 14. Thats ebay :censored: