• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

A couple of JIM to add to the collection. Both act as upgrades so I was a little torn as to leaving the comic book shop with books I already "owned" --- but as they sit on my desk at home, I am happy I made the buys.

This JIM # 119, August 1965 (June 1965 newsstand release), is much nicer than my previous copy but still has the same roller marks (more noticeable in the scan than in hand) on the upper cover from publication that were on my old copy. I guess it was somewhat endemic at that time.

JIM119FAug65.jpg

I have had two other copies of JIM #101, February 1964, (December 1963 newsstand release), both of which suffered from very brittle spines. This is a strong copy with amazing colour and startling white whites. (I have always been amused by the "happy" Thor colophon in the upper left corner.)

JIM101FFeb64.jpg

Nice books from Big B Comics in Hamilton, Ontario: Boxing Day Sale.