• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,200 posts in this topic

Starting to scan the "haul" from the last 6 weeks in Toronto and Montreal :cloud9:

Here's a very sweet (IMHO) GS X-Men #1

GSX-Men1-3.jpg

Next up is what I believe to be a harder to find book in grade. A Star Spngled Comics #128... DARK COVER! :wishluck:

StarSpangledComics128.jpg

Here's one I picked up for a friend here on the boards...

MARSPatrol.jpg

LOADS more to come! Just getting started unpacking. Had a great time with no health issues for the whole time... Typical; I go and get a pretty bad cold/flu the last couple days and am JUST getting over it! :sick:

Very cool stuff Johnny, really like that MARS Patrol. Glad to hear your feeling well.

Thanks my man :hi:

Ya the MARS book is pretty cool... Not super HG, but a decent book. The back cover is a "pin-up" of the front. Bought it for a friend who collects the 'chute covers.

Ya, health has been good (touch wood!!!). I guess I caught the "family cold" that was going around at the house. Plus, big shows, handling money and all, easily get sick. Especially seeing as how I take immune suppressant drugs for my arthritis (shrug) BUT, I am glad it's just a lousy flu and not the heart issues that I've had to deal with over the last year! :wishluck:

Again, thanks!

~JG (thumbs u

JohnnyG a very nice GSX #1 what does it look like in hand? In the scan it looks like an 8.5/9.0 (thumbs u

Well, I guess the scan doesn't do it justice at all! In hand, it's a hands down 9.4 (so about 6-8 of us agree on) Good shot at a higher grade with a wee tender loving care :gossip:

VERY pleased with the book.

Thanks!

~JG (thumbs u

JohnnyG a very nice GSX #1 what does it look like in hand? In the scan it looks like an 8.5/9.0 (thumbs u

Well, I guess the scan doesn't do it justice at all! In hand, it's a hands down 9.4 (so about 6-8 of us agree on) Good shot at a higher grade with a wee tender loving care :gossip:

Thanks!

~JG (thumbs u

(thumbs u Would love to see it when it's graded. :applause:

Thanks!

~JG (thumbs u

ME TOO!!! :wishluck:

As long as it's a 9.2 or higher, I'll be happy. Like I said, a group of us (some w/20+ years in biz) all agree that it's an easy 9.4 w/o a press! Plus, was offered $1k for it by a dealer who only deals in HG books... So, you KNOW he wouldn't offer unless he knew would do well... right? At least that's what IO believe and pretty sure I am spot on with this one.

Gotta have a bite and will post some GA goodness a little later if up to it.

Again, thanks man!

John (thumbs u

Thanks!

~JG (thumbs u

As long as it's a 9.2 or higher, I'll be happy. Like I said, a group of us (some w/20+ years in biz) all agree that it's an easy 9.4 w/o a press! Plus, was offered $1k for it by a dealer who only deals in HG books... So, you KNOW he wouldn't offer unless he knew would do well... right? At least that's what IO believe and pretty sure I am spot on with this one.

Again, thanks man!

John (thumbs u

Was it Harley Yee who made the offer?

Thanks!

~JG (thumbs u

Again, thanks man!

John (thumbs u

(shrug) Sorry bud, don't mean to be rude. But I don't think Walmart tells Target their business! Some people like to remain private and I respect their wishes (thumbs u

Edited by Johnny G

Thanks!

~JG (thumbs u

Again, thanks man!

John (thumbs u

(shrug)

Just sounds like Harley.The lower left corner just seems a bit soft,I'm sure your right on the 9.2 :applause:

Last one for tonight:

A cool Flying Saucer cover/story (thumbs u

BTW - all these come from an OO (except the GSX) and have absolutely NO resto, or anything else done to them. Some, "may" receive a little TLC in the form of non-restorative measures. We'll see...

Thanks for the comments! Ciao for now

~JG (thumbs u

MensAdventures6PRE-A.jpg

Okay, ONLY because someone asked!

Shock SuspenStories #14... I personally love and collect all things; Senate hearings related, SOTI books and Drug/Alcohol stories.

This particular Wally Wood book was used in the Senate Hearings which brought about the "Comics Code Authority". I am "guessing" it has to do with the KKK story in it (shrug)

That's all for tonight folks! Good night,

John (thumbs u

ShockSuspenstories14.jpg