• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Picture276.jpg

Wow- That's one of the very few Marvel comic related things from the 1960-1975 period I've never seen or heard of before. Is that a Fanzine or official publication?

That's an official publication, published by Odhams in the U.K.

I've got some Odhams stuff around the house here somewhere, stuff like 'SMASH!' and 'POW!'

Gawd, that brings back some memories :)

I've got some Odhams stuff around the house here somewhere, stuff like 'SMASH!' and 'POW!'

Thanks Kenners, to elaborate, Fantastic was a weekly comic published by Odhams in the late sixties, it reprinted early Marvel stories, x-men, Thor, Iron man etc, they also published three annuals, 1968, 1969 and 1970, just missed out on the 1970 when I got this one.

They are all hard to find in nice shape.

Thanks Kenners, to elaborate, Fantastic was a weekly comic published by Odhams in the late sixties, it reprinted early Marvel stories, x-men, Thor, Iron man etc, they also published three annuals, 1968, 1969 and 1970, just missed out on the 1970 when I got this one.

'Fantastic' and 'Pow!' were the books that first introduced me to American super-hero comics.  Lot to answer for there. lol

'Fantastic' and 'Pow!' were the books that first introduced me to American super-hero comics.  Lot to answer for there. lol

Kenners!My name is Jimmers!My mothers brother is named Kenners!

Very cool!!