• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

I am very new to CGC collecting. Today I received this book which I am super excited to share with everyone being the huge Transformers fan that I am.

After really looking over this book I am concerned that maybe the book was miss graded or I just had one pulled over on my from ebay. I really would like to hear what people think and maybe help educate me as a newbie collector.

tfcover.jpg

Now when I look at the corners of this book. In particular the top right but more importantly the bottom right, I am concerned that I might have had one pulled over on me. So I would love everyones opinion please.

tftopright.jpg

Top Right

tfbottomrightfront.jpg

Front bottom right

tfbackcorner.jpg

Back of the same corner.

I am very new to CGC collecting. Today I received this book which I am super excited to share with everyone being the huge Transformers fan that I am.

After really looking over this book I am concerned that maybe the book was miss graded or I just had one pulled over on my from ebay. I really would like to hear what people think and maybe help educate me as a newbie collector.

tfcover.jpg

Now when I look at the corners of this book. In particular the top right but more importantly the bottom right, I am concerned that I might have had one pulled over on me. So I would love everyones opinion please.

tftopright.jpg

Top Right

tfbottomrightfront.jpg

Front bottom right

tfbackcorner.jpg

Back of the same corner.

Is the book loose in the slab ? Can you jiggle the slab and get the book to move ?

It's possible the book has sustained damage inside the slab.

tfcover.jpg

Is the book loose in the slab ? Can you jiggle the slab and get the book to move ?

It's possible the book has sustained damage inside the slab.

Nope. it's solid. Can't get it to jiggle.

I think those flaws are from when the book was made and not damage after the fact so they don't tend to mark the grade down for that type of production related defect.

This. But I am not sure. Try dice's production flaw thread. The man is a paper production Savant.

Yep. Those are common production flaws and really pretty minor.

Don't have it in my hands yet,but just got this one paid off.

Thanks Junkdrawer/Chris. :applause:

Way to go Oak!!

Sick of that RSG yet? :wishluck: Awwwww just kidding. (thumbs u

As long as I get to keep it in my sig line. (thumbs u

that's a sweet deal :takeit: