• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,148 posts in this topic

Thanks for the kind words, guys. To answer an earlier question.... it's downgraded due to a spine split top left of a little over an inch. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Finally got these two Modern keys tonight after salivating over them for 20-some and 30-some years respectively.... :cloud9::cloud9:

Primer2_zpsd927a59a.jpg

I have no idea why this is a key (I'm new to comics outside of knowing DC and Marvel) but wow, that is an amazing cover and an awesome book! Congrats!

Thanks! Comico was a much beloved indy publisher for us children of the 80s. Primer 2 was THE issue to own from them, and has remained a fan favorite even after 30 years. It was the first appearance of Matt Wagner's Grendel, the character equivalent of, I guess, Wolverine for them. All early Grendel appearances were going for big money back then. But this issue was the crème de la crème. And yes, very cool cover. Black border makes it especially difficult to find without spine tics & creases. Tiny print run as well. All adds up to being a key issue from that era. :grin:

And some people think a spine stress automatically excludes a book from 9.8 status. There is a stress right on the FC of this.

Finally got these two Modern keys tonight after salivating over them for 20-some and 30-some years respectively.... :cloud9::cloud9:

Primer2_zpsd927a59a.jpg

I have no idea why this is a key (I'm new to comics outside of knowing DC and Marvel) but wow, that is an amazing cover and an awesome book! Congrats!

Thanks! Comico was a much beloved indy publisher for us children of the 80s. Primer 2 was THE issue to own from them, and has remained a fan favorite even after 30 years. It was the first appearance of Matt Wagner's Grendel, the character equivalent of, I guess, Wolverine for them. All early Grendel appearances were going for big money back then. But this issue was the crème de la crème. And yes, very cool cover. Black border makes it especially difficult to find without spine tics & creases. Tiny print run as well. All adds up to being a key issue from that era. :grin:

And some people think a spine stress automatically excludes a book from 9.8 status. There is a stress right on the FC of this.

And some people are just haters...

Primer2_zpsd927a59a.jpg

I really don't think he's trying to be a "hater". I think he was simply pointing out that there are 9.8 books out there that do have a spine stress mark on them. Maybe CGC went easy on this one because of the black cover.....

Primer2_zpsd927a59a.jpg

I really don't think he's trying to be a "hater". I think he was simply pointing out that there are 9.8 books out there that do have a spine stress mark on them. Maybe CGC went easy on this one because of the black cover.....

9.8's can have minor defects. That said, I'm a big proponent of buying the book, not the grade-- that book to me is not a 9.8.

Got these in this week bought from diamond Dave, jim. Also getting in a few other books. St 110 finally! in a lower grade 2.0/2.5 thanks torch aka Dave, getting in an avengers 55 from venom as well not sure what the grade is yet. Will update with a few pics when recieved.

What I've received so far via mail

e48c3f215991cdfc4f07c8559f69b410_zpsa15686a9.jpgbfdf64dac56f6d013a24cce0543be5a6_zps22f35e48.jpga1dd12c4a34383fa1125bc2931e5033b_zps674ef0a2.jpg

Edited by Mmanick

Got these in this week bought from diamond Dave, jim. Also getting in a few other books. St 110 finally! in a lower grade 2.0/2.5 thanks torch aka Dave, getting in an avengers 55 from venom as well not sure what the grade is yet. Will update with a few pics when recieved.

e48c3f215991cdfc4f07c8559f69b410_zpsa15686a9.jpgbfdf64dac56f6d013a24cce0543be5a6_zps22f35e48.jpga1dd12c4a34383fa1125bc2931e5033b_zps674ef0a2.jpg

I really like the st 135. Congrats on the other books too!

I really like the st 135. Congrats on the other books too!

Thanks, I love the cover of st 135 ....the book is a beaut to.