• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

I've already posted this one in the GA thread, but I wanted to post here as well, been wanting this issue for some time now, and thanks to a fellow forum member I now have one, and at a very resonable price as well,

6.5 ow/white pages

Superman14.jpg

I got issue #50 (aka Thor #132) in CGC 9.6. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

So does everybody else!! poke2.gif

No kidding, there isnt a week that doesnt go by with at least a dozen of those on Ebay 893whatthe.gif

Yeah, but it still is the FIRST issue in my run!!! Why do you guys have to be such spoilsports??? boo.gif

Looks like comics.org looks at the CGC boards. They used my image of Richie Rich 1 .... and without my permission no less.

http://comics.org/covers.lasso?SeriesID=12658

Hey ft,

A point for discussion: You may have some rights to your scans, but probably not for the reasons you think you do. For example, just because you own the book, you don't have any inalienable rights to photographs of it. The creator of the book holds those rights. Your scans, are of course "photographs" of the book, which you created and therefore, you have copyrights to those photographs. Arguably, they are junior, derivative rights to the creator of the book. One might argue that you actually need permission from the creator of the book to publish your photographs.

Either way you slice it, even if you have copyrights, you have no means of enforcing your copyrights, or to enjoin others from using your scans, unless you take steps to register the copyright of the photographs with the Copyright Office. And, if someone actually made the scans for you, as in a "work for hire" the issue is even complicated further. For example, the scans CGC provides with its grading service are technically "works for hire" with CGC being the author of the scans.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif