• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Congrats, Scrooge. I've looked at those Blue Bolts. What are the stories like?

Well ... it's a Star book which generally means that behind flashy Cole covers, you get huhum reprint stories. In this one, they are most (all?) Jay Disbrow sci-fi reprints so this book is worth it for more than just the cover.

Congrats, Scrooge. I've looked at those Blue Bolts. What are the stories like?

Well ... it's a Star book which generally means that behind flashy Cole covers, you get huhum reprint stories. In this one, they are most (all?) Jay Disbrow sci-fi reprints so this book is worth it for more than just the cover.

It is a fabulous cover. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Just back from Florida. Very tough in HG.

938018-Batman608CGC.jpg

screwy.gif

Tom, These were inserted inside copies of the NY Post back in early June. I went through a bunch of copies before I was able to find a few HG copies. About 90 % of the copies that I saw were banged up pretty bad.

Tom, I am not to sure about the 700,00 figure. I believe the Post only prints out about 450,000 copies a day or so. But regardless, I didn't mean to imply that 9.4 is HG. Certainly not for a modern book. I meant that it will be tough in HG 9.8 or better, which is the standard for modern books.

Also remember this, although their were a significant number printed, it doesn't mean that most them survived. I saw most people in the subway that day just throwing them in the trash. Although, there were a few comic collectors and dealers that did hoard a bunch of copies. grin.gif

Nice book! thumbsup2.gif

I got a book back from CGC today. All Stars #2 (1970). Cool UG book featuring the works of Rick Griffin (cvr), Crumb, Williamson, Crandall, Ditko & Wilson -- an incredible collaboration of artists, and one of the coolest books you'll find with multi-coloured pages.

It was a purchased at the San Diego Comicon from a small time dealer, and when I saw this high-grade copy, I didn't even hesitate to plunk down some coin. Its the only copy on the census, and I'm pretty happy about the 9.2 grade cloud9.gif

939616-allstars2.jpg

939616-allstars2.jpg.f8f3eaacad0ceb5604a46806d8497c64.jpg