• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Went to a used bookstore right after work today, and it was my lucky day! smile.gif They'd recently bought 5 long boxes from a guy, and I got to be one of the first ones to look through them. Found some good reading material, a TON of stuff I'll end up donating to C4K, and some stuff that was on my want list, too.

My "catch of the day" was finding reading copies of GL/GA #'s 108-111 for FIFTY cents each (everything with a cover price of a dollar or less is fifty cents - completely based on cover price and has nothing to do with the market value; everything above a dollar is half-cover price), Incredible Hulk #322 (also for 50 cents), and What If #104 (a whopping 98 cents). Why the guy decided to dump some of this stuff at a used bookstore is beyond me, but I'm sure glad he did! smile.gif

Arrived this week:

Marvel Spotlight (1st series) #1 NM

Rampaging Hulk (B&W Marvel Mag) #1 (x 2) NM

Marvel Special Edition #1 NM

Adventures into Fear #20 NM

Flaming Carrot #1 (x 2) NM

Marvel Team Up #2,3 VF\NM

Marvel Two in One #1 VF\NM

Have you read it yet?

I used to own two VFNM copies but I didn't care for the story much so I sold them.

Nope, not yet. I got a bunch of new stuff in yesterday so I read those instead, including Star Spangled War Stories 141. That series has, hands down, the best writing of the silver and bronze age. No joke.