• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

The show was just ok. I didn't buy anything there (got the Surfer off ebay along with a beautiful Thor #165 that I'll post later). Sorry we didn't get to talk arex. You must have bolted pretty quick. Sal was there and I got to talk with him for a while. Spent a while talking comics with several dealers including Chris Foss and Gene Carpenter (All-American Comics). Gene had some nice stuff, but nothing that made me want to spend my money. Almost picked up a nice (VF+) Superman 199, but I have two in that condition, so I passed. The nicest book I saw (and now regret not getting it) was a gorgeous (NM, at least a 9.2) copy of a comic called Great Comics #1. It had the most beautiful L.B. Cole cover I've ever seen!! The seller had it for guide (450), but I passed. Man, that was a pretty cover. I had hoped to have a Strange Tales #116 to post here but got outbid on that one last night on ebay along with a couple other board members (Steven, at least you got the 118 didn't you?) I was bummed about the ST 118, but it seems that there's always fifty more books I'm watching all the time!

takeit.gif

The nicest book I saw (and now regret not getting it) was a gorgeous (NM, at least a 9.2) copy of a comic called Great Comics #1. It had the most beautiful L.B. Cole cover I've ever seen!! The seller had it for guide (450), but I passed.

That book is fairly common, even in the NM range, so another one'll turn up at some point. It is a great cover, though.

The nicest book I saw (and now regret not getting it) was a gorgeous (NM, at least a 9.2) copy of a comic called Great Comics #1. It had the most beautiful L.B. Cole cover I've ever seen!! The seller had it for guide (450), but I passed. Man, that was a pretty cover.

Here's your second chance...

http://cgi.ebay.com/GREAT-COMICS-1-CGC-N...1QQcmdZViewItem

The nicest book I saw (and now regret not getting it) was a gorgeous (NM, at least a 9.2) copy of a comic called Great Comics #1. It had the most beautiful L.B. Cole cover I've ever seen!! The seller had it for guide (450), but I passed. Man, that was a pretty cover.

Well, what did I say. Looks like the book is indeed overpriced - no takers in 6 days...

Well, what did I say. Looks like the book is indeed overpriced - no takers in 6 days...

I believe there was a warehouse-type find of this book, pretty common even in high grade.

Looks like you're right. It sure is a nice cover. The colors on that book are stunning in person!

Isnt Lorilah a board member?

Is that Blob?