• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's try again Where do I go to find.............

17 posts in this topic

SO basically you want someone to do all the market research for you so that you can use the same information to make money. While the person who does this extensive market research gets nothing for the time and effort they put into this market research.

sounds like a plan, who wouldn't want to help you. confused-smiley-013.gif

here's a suggestion;

go to google.com.

here's another suggestion;

in the little search box on said website, type in "online comic price guides"

here's yet another suggestion;

go to one of the sites the search pulls up for you

I think that's too much work for this guy. frustrated.gif

If by posting this under several topics and now using the term "fishing" you mean you are looking for someone to buy your stuff, I seriously doubt anyone here would want a bunch of current commons.

here's a suggestion;

go to google.com.

here's another suggestion;

in the little search box on said website, type in "online comic price guides"

here's yet another suggestion;

go to one of the sites the search pulls up for you

Damn guys I thought you were collectors and could point me in the right direction...

told you in eariler post I'm new to the comic grading scene.

Guess I was wrong to ask SO SORRY FORGET IT

PS if I wanted you to do the work I would of posted 1000 comics min.

Damn guys I thought you were collectors and could point me in the right direction...

told you in eariler post I'm new to the comic grading scene.

Guess I was wrong to ask SO SORRY FORGET IT

PS if I wanted you to do the work I would of posted 1000 comics min.

Look E.L.M. I told you the best and only source for sales prices of slabbed CGC books is GPA. You said you didn't want to pay for the service, which means you want someone to do the work for free. Well it doesn't work that way.

The only other free source I know of is www.comicspriceguide.com, but their prices are not accurate.

Thanks All,

You never told me that GPA was the only source Deathlok; and it seemed everyone was dancing around the questions.

I figured the comics I listed in the other post were not worth much, but I thought someone would know, and I didn' t ask what it was worth, all I asked was which you would have graded.....tough question I guess.

I would of thought someone would remember what they went thru and know what types of things someone that is new should know.....

So you don't have to respond deathlok since "I just want someone to do all the work for me anyway."

In fact I'm so new to it I don't know the terms yet. slabbed, raw ect

Look man, with your first post about this I was extremely helpful. You chose to ignore what I said and instead started 2 more posts on the same topic. The books you mention are worthless unless they are 9.8 or higher, which is the only you will recoup grading fees/shipping.

GPA is the only source for accurate sales data on CGC books. period.

Here is what I said before and is still true. You need to plug in the numbers to figure out if it worth it to you.

You have to calculate these factors in order to make a profit:

1. Cost of book.

2. Cost of grading fees/shipping

3. Fair Market Value of grade received.

4. Market for that issue in that grade.

For most of the books listed you mention they did not cost you very much. So then you only need to clear the grading feesshipping cost to sell them. Of course the books you mention don't really have a market unless they are 9.8 or higher.

Did understand and could of found what I needed without the info......or the BS.

Now, I know these boards are not what I need!!!

Had asked where I go to find obsure comics, thought someone might know but noone listens ... just get a bunch of BS how I want someone else to do the work, NOT TRUE ... hoped someone could narrow the search parameters for me but that's too much to ask.

Not interested in the fair market vs shipping vs charges since I planned on selling local cheap.

Thanks for what you concidered advice I wanted whether it was or not.

I never planned on getting into comics for a big profit, just wanted advice, a little friendily chat......ha............but looks like this site is like the rest with boards.

and YES deathlok I did want free info, why raise the cost I would have had to put into the comics?

I am way too old to put up with the kids into comics here I guess.

Good Bye

There is no way I am going to get pissed over trying to get information on what I need to know about comic.......maybe someday those kids will grow up.

choi

Did understand and could of found what I needed without the info......or the BS.

Now, I know these boards are not what I need!!!

Had asked where I go to find obsure comics, thought someone might know but noone listens ... just get a bunch of BS how I want someone else to do the work, NOT TRUE ... hoped someone could narrow the search parameters for me but that's too much to ask.

Not interested in the fair market vs shipping vs charges since I planned on selling local cheap.

Thanks for what you concidered advice I wanted whether it was or not.

I never planned on getting into comics for a big profit, just wanted advice, a little friendily chat......ha............but looks like this site is like the rest with boards.

and YES deathlok I did want free info, why raise the cost I would have had to put into the comics?

I am way too old to put up with the kids into comics here I guess.

Good Bye

There is no way I am going to get pissed over trying to get information on what I need to know about comic.......maybe someday those kids will grow up.

choi

OK then. You sound like a cat recently stung by large number of bees.

But from what I've gather, you've already gotten some good advice - Let me sum up:

-GPAnalysis is the best source for price trends on cgc-graded (or "slabbed" - as opposed to "raw" or "unslabbed") books - bar none. You have to pay a bit for it though.

-The Overstreet price guide lists market prices for all comics - indispensable tool for the comics collector. (You have to pay a bit for it though smile.gif )

-Also, the various online comic shops (milehighcomics.com, mycomicshop.com, newkadia.com etc) can be used to see roughly how much a given comic is worth - though their prices are often quite high (usually much higher than what you'd get selling the same item on ebay), they do reflect a comic's "real" market value. And by the way, newkadia.com has a nifty feature in which the Overstreet values are listed for each comic..

-And let me add: Hanging out at these boards gives you lots and lots of info on these topics. We're all a friendly bunch - I'm fairly new here, and have been treated just fine - BUT as with all message boards, the tone here can be somewhat sharper and more direct than in real life. (Though judging by your last post I see you've got the hang of it smile.gif )

Anyway good luck to ya, and hope you'll stay! smile.gifhi.gifflowerred.gif

E.L.M. Buy an Overstreet Price Guide and compare the values to the values of graded issues selling on eBay. That seems to be a very popular thing to do on these boards. You can get an idea of what people would pay for the issue if it was graded by CGC.