• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charles Addams

11 posts in this topic

He's been a favorite of mine long before I knew who he was or cared about collecting artwork. 

The old paperback Charles Addams and Addams Family books we read in grammar school were my first introduction to his work and really left a mark. He had such a distinctive style and sense of humor, as dark as it was. 

Sorry I didn't find out about the event sooner. 

18 hours ago, comix4fun said:

He's been a favorite of mine long before I knew who he was or cared about collecting artwork. 

The old paperback Charles Addams and Addams Family books we read in grammar school were my first introduction to his work and really left a mark. He had such a distinctive style and sense of humor, as dark as it was. 

Sorry I didn't find out about the event sooner. 

It was pretty good. I went through it in about an hour. When you look at the originals, as compared to the reprints in those great paperbacks, you can better appreciate how good he was as an artist. I gather there is a museum somewhere in Long Island where his work is on regular display.

2 hours ago, The Voord said:

Fred Taraba currently has three Charles Addams originals for sale, including an 'Addams Family'.  Pricey, which is to be expected.

Not seeing the Addams family piece. I see three pieces but none that jump out as Addams family. 

34 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Not seeing the Addams family piece. I see three pieces but none that jump out as Addams family. 

The Iron Maiden piece listed as being included in Drawn and Quartered.  

addams-charles_f.jpg

addams-charles.1_f.jpg

Just now, The Voord said:

The Iron Maiden piece listed as being included in Drawn and Quartered.  

addams-charles_f.jpg

addams-charles.1_f.jpg

Ah, ok....was thinking more of pieces featuring the AF characters. 

so it's not by Addams, but posted a new piece to my gallery today - in the spirit of Halloween- a take on the addams family by cartoonist brett bean. I also have an addams - addams family illustration in my gallery HERE.

The Bean art can be found HERE.

addams.jpg

Edited by Panelfan1

He also did great work which was not family related. I still remember one where a nurse came running out of the delivery room to the waiting room in a hospital shouting "It's a baby!". Makes you wonder what else they were delivering there.

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

He also did great work which was not family related. I still remember one where a nurse came running out of the delivery room to the waiting room in a hospital shouting "It's a baby!". Makes you wonder what else they were delivering there.

actually fred Taraba had a non-family piece at sdcc that was from a consignor. might still be available - it featured a dinosaurs.  wish I had a pic to share.