• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Heroes Asylum Comic Shop • Two ECs to start
1 1

10 posts in this topic

RULES!
These are the usual rules. What are the usual rules? They are what I say they are. And they are exceedingly usual.

More specifically: 

REFERENCES
Kudos thread
ebay ID - brother17

ACCEPTED PAYMENT
Paypal only. Payment expected within 3 calendar days of invoice.

REFUNDS
You pay return shipping, unless items are damaged in transit in which case it's on me. I am happy to take returns if you are dissatisfied, but you need to let me know within 7 days of receiving the book.

TERMS OF SALE
First person to post a :takeit: in the thread or by PM wins.
If you have shamed yourself or are a listed reprobate, I will not sell to you. If you're just a knockburger who gets on my nerves, I don't mind selling to you. I reserve the right to refuse any sale.

Please inspect the books upon receipt of them and promptly alert me to any issues.

SHIPPING
Shipping is USPS Priority at cost. Send me your zip code; I send you the cost. International buyers, contact me before making a purchase.

These two ECs come from the Gary Arlington collection, and I bought them earlier this year from BunkyBrian. I'm reluctantly putting them up for sale because, you know, I want the money.

I may put other ill-advised purchases that have stressed my budget. Let's see what happens! :flamed:

SOLD!

VAULT OF HORROR #15
Grade: 4.5 VG +
Price: $250

Presents better but I think 4.5 is a fair grade, so I'm sticking with it.

Lifted from BB's original thread: OCT 1950; Off white to white pages. This is a striking cover, from the yellow logo against an indigo background, to Johnny Craig's graveyard scene. Inside Craig, Feldstein, Ingels, and Kamen draw more scary stuff better than anyone (not working on other EC books). From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

From me: the colors are really nice. Very sharp copy for the grade.

Spoiler

vault-of-horror-15-a.jpg

vault-of-horror-15-b.jpg

vault-of-horror-15-c.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

WEIRD SCIENCE-FANTASY #29
Grade: 5.0 VG/FN
Price: $500

Lifted from BB: JUN 1955; Cream to off white pages. Classic Frank Frazetta cover. Last pre-code issue. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

From me: I'm actually knocking this down from 5.5 to 5.0 and adjusting the cost to reflect that.

weird-science-fantasy-29-a.jpg

weird-science-fantasy-29-b.jpg

weird-science-fantasy-29-c.jpg

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

VAULT OF HORROR #15
Grade: 4.5 VG +
Price: $250

Presents better but I think 4.5 is a fair grade, so I'm sticking with it.

Lifted from BB's original thread: OCT 1950; Off white to white pages. This is a striking cover, from the yellow logo against an indigo background, to Johnny Craig's graveyard scene. Inside Craig, Feldstein, Ingels, and Kamen draw more scary stuff better than anyone (not working on other EC books). From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

From me: the colors are really nice. Very sharp copy for the grade.

vault-of-horror-15-a.jpg

vault-of-horror-15-b.jpg

vault-of-horror-15-c.jpg

:takeit: This is one of the ones I missed the first time around!