• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 101

4 posts in this topic

So I bought a slab off ebay a few years ago, and the guy sent this and a few other books with it as "freebies".. didn't really think much of it at the time other than it being a cool gesture to send a low grade key and not just moderns from the dollar bin.  But pulled it out recently and it looks better than I remember, lol... while obviously not high grade, I'm wondering what you all think, and whether or not I'll get it slabbed... Obviously some spine damage as shown in the pics, there's about a 1/2" tear at the top middle of the back cover that is also on the last page in the book... no other damage noted within the book itself and it's complete.  

ASM 101 - Cover.jpg

front 2.jpg

front 3.jpg

front 4.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

back 1.jpg

back 2.jpg

back 3.jpg

back 4.jpg

5 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Besides the flaws you mentioned, I don't like the tear and indentation in the middle of the back cover. IMO, 4.5, 5.0 tops. Cool book for a freebie !

Agree with this.  Lots of general minor wear and accumulation of small defects with the back cover tear and dents being the major defects.  No major structural problems, no large color breaking creases, no missing pieces, minor soiling, some waviness and dents/bends in the back cover.

CGC grade 4.5 with a decent shot at a 5.0.  would probably benefit from a clean and press for a grade bump