• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

57lespaulgoldtop on ebay. Unlimited Stan Lee signed posters

66 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

the seller probably has a friend that goes by the nickname of Stan Lee so they a legit Stan Lee signed ......

I'm bidding immediately

7 minutes ago, kav said:

Hauling in about $600/mo

He's a well-practiced forger. No hesitations or shakes. I'd give him an A minus on execution. Sadly, I'd give him a D minus on character content, and a big, freakin', capital F for anachronisms, and.... he's consistent. He's signing each one in almost the same way! Same mistake upon mistake, over and over, like most forgers.

I sure wish CGC would partner with a reliable authenticator for unwitnessed artist/creator signatures. That would eliminate some of this.

Edited by James J Johnson

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

i'm surprised he doesn't also have a whole bunch of Elvis signed stuff listed too lol 

Dont worry these guys always branch out.  He'll have kirbys, buscema-whatever

One guy I got shut down selling endless stream of cartoon art ebay investigations must have said ok where did you get them and how many do you have left?  

i'm surprised he doesn't also have a whole bunch of Elvis signed stuff listed too lol 

He probably can't forge Elvis worth a hound dog. Most forgers have a niche. Maybe several to a half doen sigs they're really good with. Forgeries that will fool 99% of the buying public. Forgeries that look OK at first and maybe second glance to most. His forgeries aren't as bad as most, he's actually pretty good. Now aside from giving a date, a forgery no-no unless you're that good and know all the changes through the years; which letter styles go with others, length of this and that, baseline trajectory, etc., etc., not only the signature, but the date given, 1993 in this case, really fouled this up for him, making the deception even more obvious to scholars of Lee signatures!

8 minutes ago, kav said:

Dont worry these guys always branch out.  He'll have kirbys, buscema-whatever

One guy I got shut down selling endless stream of cartoon art ebay investigations must have said ok where did you get them and how many do you have left?  

Kirby? Maybe he'll venture to try. We've certainly seen our share of faux Kirbys mentioned on this forum. I've yet to see a forged Buscema on ebay; John or Sal.  Though great, and important artists, not much monetary value to either one. Like forging Bob Feller or Pete Rose. Not much money in it or demand for it.

this guy hit the mother lode...... just like 57lespaulgoldtop

Image result for babe ruth fake signature

Those must be real they look old hm

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

No. Greg Marino's handiwork! Operation Bullpen. Sadly, a lot of his handiwork still infiltrates the sports collectible arena today, authenticated by "experts".

b-but-they're OLD!!!  You can tell by the yellowing of the balls and stuff!!!

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

He probably can't forge Elvis worth a hound dog. Most forgers have a niche. Maybe several to a half doen sigs they're really good with. Forgeries that will fool 99% of the buying public. Forgeries that look OK at first and maybe second glance to most. His forgeries aren't as bad as most, he's actually pretty good. Now aside from giving a date, a forgery no-no unless you're that good and know all the changes through the years; which letter styles go with others, length of this and that, baseline trajectory, etc., etc., not only the signature, but the date given, 1993 in this case, really fouled this up for him, making the deception even more obvious to scholars of Lee signatures!

The signature forge isn't that bad as you say, the real problem is the quantity of items. He says Stan Lee signed 50+ posters for him at the 1993 con he attended. Yeah sure he did.