• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

57lespaulgoldtop on ebay. Unlimited Stan Lee signed posters

66 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

….. and she was still able to maintain a very delicate touch!

I hear he has a 57 les paul, signed by stan lee and joe dimaggio

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

If he does, I'm betting it's triple signed by Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holly, and the Big Bopper!   :angel:

they just signed the back.  jack kirby signed one of the strings.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, kav said:

they just signed the back.  jack kirby signed one of the strings.

You know, all kidding aside, guys like this 57lespaulgoltop operate a scam like this, as obvious as it is to anyone who is a keen student of autographs and handwriting, and do so thinking, "well, it's only forgery. Its not drugs, it's not some terrorist thing, I'm not killing anybody; who cares?  Nobody is going to bother me for autographs."  And to a major extent, that's true. Some sports forgers operate for decades like this Stan Lee forger, and nothing comes from it either criminal or civil angles. But...… all it takes is selling to that one D.A., or assistant D.A., or the son of a law enforcement or investigative person. Or a journalist with the right connections, and that one buyer, maybe of just one piece, maybe as a X-Mas gift for a son, or father, or brother; that one $50 fake item sold to the wrong guy can result in untold misery for that seller if that buyer knows how to create maximum carnage criminally for that seller!

That's what's happening now with Coach's Corner. Decades of selling pure garbage, they sold 10 grand worth to the wrong wrangler and now the flashlight that buyer shined on their operation is fast turning into a 20 million candlepower beam. Chugging along for 20 years on rails of fraud, the train is now headed off the rails.

If you all go check Ebay now, you'll notice that his listings are gone.  I stumbled across one of his listings, saw how many he had for sale, saw that he was listing new items everyday, basically made a lot of the same observations everyone on here did.  The difference is that instead of coming on here to laugh at the poor folks getting robbed by this man, I flagged several of his auctions as fraudulent and alerted Ebay.  Now they've all been taken down.  

There are a few posts here lamenting that the FBI or other law enforcement agencies don't do anything about it, but you all could have done a lot to help the situation as well.  This thread has been going since November.  He has fleeced hundreds of people since then, and that could have been avoided if someone had bothered to report him.  I'm not saying it's your responsibility to flag every forgery that you see, but when you see someone taking advantage of this many people, speak up and say something.  Most sites take this stuff seriously, and will take action against people like him.