• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: ART OF PLOOG Planet of the Apes Original Art Edition (#9/42) [Yes, with the art!]

1 post in this topic

I'm selling a pristine unread Art of Ploog Planet of the Apes Original Art edition.  There were only 42 of these, now OOP, this is #9/42, signed by Mike.  This includes a slipcase and a page of POTA art in a folder (individually numbered to match the book):

all-small.jpg.ace8d70405553cd9c2abbfe38378a5d1.jpgsignature-page.jpg.063912a0cebcd8dcadcfa7e325cc9b50.jpg

Mike Ploog's definitive work was on Planet of the Apes, and for issues #6 and #8, he worked only in pencil, returning to inks when Marvel's reproduction of the art could not do it justice. This is one of the best pages from that run, page 11 from POTA #8, with tight pencils and dynamic action. The dialogue is on a separate overlay sheet. The art measures 13" x 19.25".

Ploog-POTA-08-p11-small.jpg.59d273aaf567fa2e24d662b99b0af8ff.jpgPloog-POTA-08-p11-overlay-small.jpg.fb68c71eadba94863887e5b73b524a08.jpg

I'm including some extras that were exclusive to Kickstarter:

1. A 8.5" x 11" 64-page storyboard sketchbook, with storyboards from several films that Mike worked on, including The Thing, Dark Crystal, etc.
  2. A signed and numbered print, homaging the cover of the first issue of Werewolf by Night.
  3. A set of five 8" x 10" prints (“The Balrog,” “The Mercenary,” “Night Howl,” “The Werewolf,” and “The Wraith.”)

See my CAF page for more pictures and purchase details.

Edited by Taylor G