• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Original Art Appreciation Thread

27 posts in this topic

Yeah, yeah, I know they just pinned a new OA thread in Comics General. But it's full of NEW comic art. The old appreciation thread got buried, but it was full of modern art too!

So, how about some props to the old school Silver Age masters??!! You got Kirby? Ditko? Colan? Buscema? Steranko? Adams? Kane? Cardy? Romita? Infantino? Sekowski? Anderson? Ayers? .......?

C'mon, let's see 'em! yay.gif

In honor of the new FF movie featuring Doc Doom, I'll kick it off with a couple of Kirby Doom pages:

ff40p23.jpg

and

XL_ff40_18.jpg

*Sound of crickets chirping*

sorry.gif

gossip.gif SA art is expensive. Hence, I don't own any nor will I anytime soon.

I DO love your TOS pages. Very impressive. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks!

Although I hope I didn't come off as trying to toot my own collecting horn.

Surely some of the board members out there have some pieces to share. I have a bunch of Kirby and Ditko but nothing like Adams, Steranko, Buscema, etc. Would love to see what others have got, especially from artists I like but don't collect.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

*Sound of crickets chirping*

sorry.gif

Hey Rhino! hi.gif

The "sound of crickets chirping" was due to being speachless after looking at your Kirby pages thinking " I want them!" Christo_pull_hair.gif

I have only one page of original artwork, and it's a Bronze Age piece. foreheadslap.gif

I'll post it if you want,..........

Arghhh !!!

Hey Rhino! hi.gif

The "sound of crickets chirping" was due to being speachless after looking at your Kirby pages thinking " I want them!" Christo_pull_hair.gif

I have only one page of original artwork, and it's a Bronze Age piece. foreheadslap.gif

Arghhh !!!

Sorry, FM. You have post that in my BA art thread. tongue.gif

Hey Rhino! hi.gif

Arghhh !!!

Spoil-sport! sumo.gif

poke2.gif

Hey Rhino! hi.gif

Arghhh !!!

Spoil-sport! sumo.gif

poke2.gif

Don't make me get the monkey. makepoint.gif

What is your BA art???

Hey Rhino! hi.gif

Arghhh !!!

Spoil-sport! sumo.gif

poke2.gif

What is your BA art???

It's the first page of a Doc Samson back-up story originally printed in Hulk annaul # 11. It's Frank Miller's first work at Marvel Comics (didn't get printed until later).

Doc Samson Vs Unus the Untouchable. Bought it around 1982 at the Atlanta Fantasy Fair when Frank Miller was there, got it autographed.

Go ahead and get your stupid monkey !!! makepoint.gifsumo.gif

Hey Rhino! hi.gif

Arghhh !!!

Spoil-sport! sumo.gif

poke2.gif

What is your BA art???

It's the first page of a Doc Samson back-up story originally printed in Hulk annaul # 11. It's Frank Miller's first work at Marvel Comics (didn't get printed until later).

Doc Samson Vs Unus the Untouchable. Bought it around 1982 at the Atlanta Fantasy Fair when Frank Miller was there, got it autographed.

893whatthe.gif Well stop flappin' yer gums and post that baby in the BA art thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay.gif

Hey Rhino! hi.gif

Arghhh !!!

Spoil-sport! sumo.gif

poke2.gif

What is your BA art???

893whatthe.gif Well stop flappin' yer gums and post that baby in the BA art thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay.gif

Yes, Ihaven't seen this much pre-publicity since the Hulk movie. makepoint.gif

Hey Rhino! hi.gif

Arghhh !!!

Spoil-sport! sumo.gif

poke2.gif

What is your BA art???

yay.gif

Yes, Ihaven't seen this much pre-publicity since the Hulk movie. makepoint.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Perhaps I should let the suspense build for a month or two? thumbsup2.gif

poke2.gif

Okay, I'll post it now. It's in the Bronze forum.

Alex, are you looking for a specific page, or just Thor pages in general? I can point you to a number of sites if you are looking for pages in general.

www.comicartfans.com is a great place to start because you can do a three-tiered search that give you results for

1. Commercial sellers (art for sale by the big dealers)

2. General members pages (if you just want to appreciate what others own)

3. Member "classifieds" (pages for sale, mostly by other collectors but a few dealers too)

You can do a search for "Jack Kirby Thor" or "Buscema Thor" or whatever and it'll pull all the pages that meet your criteria.

Oh, they also have banner ads to a bunch of the bigger art dealers. It's just a killer resource site for art fans.

Good luck!