• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5 Forumities - Past or Present that you'd sit next to on a looong flight.

144 posts in this topic

MY 5 Forumites in no particular order:

1) Povertyrow: Never not ONCE bashed me or joined in to punch me when the others had my arms so to speak - and when I asked him a few simple Q's re: comic book issues he sent me an honest essay from his own personal experiences. There is a lot to be said for someone like him and I know we would hit it off real well - and I like it when I can learn from others and Pov fits the bill here as well as everyewhere else.

2) Redhook He and I have a bit of history and he was able to rise above anything negative to be able to carry on phone conversations with me. Redhook has defended me and once someone does that, they are in no matter what! His loyalty commands the price of respect from me and he has it - unquestionably!

I always thought he was a great judge of character and his photoshop antics are just what this Forum needs - sprinke a sense of humor, add a dab of his vast expertise of the Green River Collection, and we could go on for hours. Gotta do that barbecue someday.

3) delekkerste Gene is another one who never bashed me or rided my case in any way. He also is one that knows about stock options, and I might be able to learn from his experiences. Of course I would help him if I thought I could. Gene has demonstrated a steadfast, calm demeanor and does his best and is also honest.

4) Arnold Blumberg He granted me permission via one phone call to use his Grading Guide on my ebay templates, and he lives not too far from my original home in Maryland. He also knows about Steve Geppi from the old days. We could go on for days.

5) Comic Supply A relative newcomer to the Forum scene - but gave me that fair chance when this now-departed and dismantled "read 'em" had eMailed/PM'd almost everyone he could with his venom against me. Most newcomers think that there must be something to the messenger's puropse; "why is he doing this?". I won't get into why the old-timers that should have known better - but Comic-Supply gave me that chance so there would be no underlying reservations on my part about a long flight discussing comics.

I am limited to 5 but there are a few more that I would be able to be myself with and not hide in my shell of the BSD. In real life I have many acquaintences, but very few friends, and that is by design. I have been kicked around by the best, and at my age someone like me tends to "zone out" and become ultra-reserved. Also have moved coast-to-coast and people do fade and drift away. That is life.

CAL hi.gif

Online I do...

and with good reasons and proof if necessary. Read RANT thread and several other threads I am sure others bookmarked and if you want to take this further PM me and I will give you the 12 or so Threads....

CAL makepoint.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif..

fantastic four ("citizen rudd" wink.gif )

greggy (I've had to spend hours talking to him already - what's another five hours? insane.gif )

aardvark88 (because he's a great guy) news.gif

Captains of Industry (I'm still laughing over post of the naked chick with the hulk 181 sign) 27_laughing.gif

pov (to see if he really IS that old... ) sumo.gif

To anyone that said hammer: you're out of your freaking mind. 5 or 6 HOURS?? no thanks..