• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF #25

4 posts in this topic

bad pic again I'm sorry, I think I'm going to have to get a new camera, no matter what I try I cant get good pics...

on this comic, Its got a defect I dont know how to grade

right in the middle where it says "A Marvel Super Spectacular"....there are about a Dozen what looks like pin holes, but NONE of them go through the entire cover, In fact when you look at the other side on the cover you cant even tell they are there....I took a close up picture, Its the 2nd best in the set....

Overall the book is rough and probably no better than a 3.0 but I dont know how much the Pinholes would hurt the grade...

any advice would be great

1544644434602.jpg

1544644433644.jpg

1544644433772.jpg

1544644434138.jpg

1544644434247.jpg

Edited by billbrown7080

These pictures are pretty small and low resolution (eBay quality) so it's very difficult to give you an accurate estimate of the grade based on these.  You also need to post a picture of the back cover and a detailed pic of any significant defects.  That being said, based on what we have to work with, this looks like a decent book with good colors and moderate overall wear on the spine, top edge and corners.  The non-penetrating pin holes qualify as cover wear.  I'm going to assume no missing pieces, detached cover, or spine split.  With these assumptions and the low res pics, i'd tentatively give this a

CGC 3.5 / 4.0

Edited by davet75

4 minutes ago, davet75 said:

These pictures are pretty small and low resolution (eBay quality) so it's very difficult to give you an accurate estimate of the grade based on these.  You also need to post a picture of the back cover and a detailed pic of any significant defects.  That being said, based on what we have to work with, this looks like a decent book with good colors and moderate overall wear on the spine, top edge and corners.  The non-penetrating pin holes qualify as cover wear.  I'm going to assume no missing pieces, detached cover, or spine split.  With these assumptions and the low res pics, i'd tentatively give this a

CGC 3.5 / 4.0

thank you so much

believe me on working on the pictures, I've tried about everything to get better lighting, nothing works, It has to be my camera, I'm going to my sisters camera this weekend and take pics, if they come out better, then I'll know I just need a new camera...but I appropriate you looking even with the bad pics...

and thank you this info... "The non-penetrating pin holes qualify as cover wear "....It really helps...I had no clue how to describe them or what to call them...and thus had no idea how to determine how much they effect the grade....

Those pinholes are rather extensive and they do detract a bit, but depending upon the back cover condition, you appear to be somewhere in the VG area---a pretty solid lower grade copy. And yes, a better camera or scanner would definitely help the situation. Happy holidays!