• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know what's up with DTA Collectibles? Website has been down for days...
1 1

22 posts in this topic

https://www.hipcomic.com/store/dta-collectibles?utm_source=Seller Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dtacollectibles-20181212-6644

Website might have changed locations?

Don't know as I don't shop there, but somehow, I got on their spam email list.

20 minutes ago, the blob said:

Why, do you want to pay $70 for a $12 book?

Why, don't they read my post?  But yeah, good point.

10 hours ago, the blob said:

Why, do you want to pay $70 for a $12 book?

I agree there are a lot of books that are on the high side. But I've found many great deals, you just got to be diligent and look. When I find a Mister Mystery #2 in a 6.5 for $250.00 and a Moon Girl #4 in a 4.0 for $300.00 I'm happy to pay that.

1 hour ago, mustang33guy said:

I agree there are a lot of books that are on the high side. But I've found many great deals, you just got to be diligent and look. When I find a Mister Mystery #2 in a 6.5 for $250.00 and a Moon Girl #4 in a 4.0 for $300.00 I'm happy to pay that.

Only so many hours in the day. I suspect the deals have been found and he is not inclined to make further pricing errors.

3 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

i just got an email from them, and their site seems to be fine.

Yeah - I get their spam too.  They do occasionally have one of a kind items, and are responsive to best offers.

DTA Collectibles

11,000 Superhero Comics on Sale

Save on 11,000 comics now!

2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Yeah. People complain (rightly) about Chuckles pricing but he's not the only one pricing comics to the stratosphere 

DTA does have a lot of esoteric stuff ... if you want some oddball issue of Teen Confessions he might be the only game in tow...and it seems he takes offers, so maybe it is just a game with high asks, but when he has a $3 (on a good day) modern at $20 it is silly time. I guess we won't know what he actually sells his stuff for and how frequently.

16 hours ago, the blob said:
18 hours ago, manetteska said:

:gossip: Don't forget about the grading.

His screen grading looks ok most of the time. No idea about books in hand though.

Though I don't know if it can be dis/proven, looking at the Golden Age items today on eBay, it appears as if some grades have been modified.

16 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Though I don't know if it can be dis/proven, looking at the Golden Age items today on eBay, it appears as if some grades have been modified.

Modified from what? I don't want to dis the guy. If nothing else his prices make your/mine look more reasonable, so he may help everyone in the process. The sky high pricing with best offer combined with a big inventory probably makes him a nice living. Doesn't look like he is scamming. More power to him. 

Edited by the blob

Just so you all know, both DTA and I believe his son (IIRC) were/are members here, although it doesn't appear that they've been here since the latest migration.

I have come to the conclusion that folks asking wacky prices do not irritate me one bit. Seriously, for some people here any price is wacky. A few years ago I had someone critiquing my store listings and telling me I was nuts to be listing 10 cent cover price DC Blackhawks for $5-$7 each as nobody will ever buy them .. of course, these were the leftovers after I had sold a bunch at auction for that much or more. And for all I know he comes down a lot through the offer process. He's got 50,000+ books listed, he may not want to sit on all of them forever. Undisclosed resto, other shanenegans, hyping books as super rare that are not, that's another issue.

5 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Just so you all know, both DTA and I believe his son (IIRC) were/are members here, although it doesn't appear that they've been here since the latest migration.

Yes, Tyler (his son) actually ran some sales threads here.  I haven't seen any posts for a while.  

That HIP comics venue seems interesting, but it does not look like it generates a lot of traffic. DTA seems to have sold about 600 items over the last year, with 50,000 listed. He is closer to 3400 sales on ebay over the last year. It is good for a megalister on ebay because their software allows you to basically re-list everything there, but I don't know if putting your time and energy into listing there as the primary venue is worth it. You can't use those listings on ebay. For a 10,000 listing store that transaltes to about 10 sales a month. Listing 10,000 comics takes a looong time. I think they do a poor job of advertising their existence. I had not heard of them.

2 hours ago, telerites said:

Yes, Tyler (his son) actually ran some sales threads here.  I haven't seen any posts for a while.  

Yeah - I bought an Aquaman 1 from him on here.