• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored Slight (C-1) Entire spine split reattached with glue??

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a book published by D.C. mid 1939. It was in a purple restored holder with a "Slight (C-1) small amount of glue on spine of cover" designation.

The book was cracked out, and it's been discovered that the entire spine of the book is split and it's been reattached with glue.

This really troubles me. The book has been severely misrepresented by CGC which leads me to believe this has to have been a quality control error. Even if the smallest amount of glue was used to re-seal the spine, how is this on the smallest end of the restoration scale? Not only that - but why doesn't it say "Spine of cover completely split and reattached with glue" on the label? 

If this is C-1, then C-5 must mean that the book was a mosaic of 1000 pieces and was put back together with gorilla glue.