• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage - Shipping
1 1

30 posts in this topic

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with Heritage.  So they ship FedEx and often times I'm not home to recieve so historically I have rerouted to a holding facility.  I could have sworn I've done
this with Heritage along with other auction houses in the past.  Apparenlty now when trying to change via online it states the service is not available.  I called and was told the sender apparently has a restriction on thier
account which prevents FedEx from sending to a holding facility.  Very odd and extremely inconvenient.  Just curious if any other folks have recently run into this with them.

Edited by MustEatBrains

12 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with Heritage.  So they ship FedEx and often times I'm not home to recieve so historically I have rerouted to a holding facility.  I could have sworn I've done
this with Heritage along with other auction houses in the past.  Apparenlty now when trying to change via online it states the service is not available.  I called and was told the sender apparently has a restriction on thier
account which prevents FedEx from sending to a holding facility.  Very odd and extremely inconvenient.  Just curious if any other folks have recently run into this with them.

Yes, not only has Heritage disabled rerouting so has CGC!  For 2 years, any time I've had a fedex package (comic related) I would have it rerouted to a Walgreens so I didn't have to drive all the way to the Fedex facility to pick it up.  About 3 or 4 months ago CGC sent a package and it was no longer an option online.  I called fedex who told me the shipper (CGC) put the restriction on and it could not be removed.  Then I called CGC and they said there had been so many packages go missing they had to add the restriction.  A month later, Heritage does the same thing.  Its a huge PITA for me because the fedex facility isn't within a convenient distance.  

5 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Yes, not only has Heritage disabled rerouting so has CGC!  For 2 years, any time I've had a fedex package (comic related) I would have it rerouted to a Walgreens so I didn't have to drive all the way to the Fedex facility to pick it up.  About 3 or 4 months ago CGC sent a package and it was no longer an option online.  I called fedex who told me the shipper (CGC) put the restriction on and it could not be removed.  Then I called CGC and they said there had been so many packages go missing they had to add the restriction.  A month later, Heritage does the same thing.  Its a huge PITA for me because the fedex facility isn't within a convenient distance.  

Thanks brother.. CGC don't mind as much as I get sent USPS registered mail, but what a PIA the FedEx has turned into.

We have a box at the local UPS Store. It costs us $9-10/month. It is 5 minutes from our house and always easy to get to. It also has the benefit of being a commercial address, which lowers inbound shipping cost from Fedex and UPS. We get good service and with lowered shipping costs, the net cost is very reasonable. Packages are never left out in the elements and we don't miss deliveries. 

What I am doing:

FedEx makes the delivery attempt. Once that happens I contact FedEx and arrange for them to transfer the package to a holding facility that is 5 blocks from my home. I can not transfer until they have made a delivery attempt. The whole process adds a whole day to the delivery time but I prefer to drive 5 blocks to pick it up than to drive for over an hour as the main FedEx depot is not convenient for me at all.

Edited by Artboy99

16 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

What I am doing:

FedEx makes the delivery attempt. Once that happens I contact FedEx and arrange for them to transfer the package to a holding facility that is 5 blocks from my home. I can not transfer until they have made a delivery attempt. The whole process adds a whole day to the delivery time but I prefer to drive 5 blocks to pick it up than to drive for over an hour as the main FedEx depot is not convenient for me at all.

How much is shipping to CAN from HA anyway? Buyers club ??lolhm

1 minute ago, Patriot6 said:

Would there be a way to pool all the Canadians together to save and ship from within Canada once arrived?hm

I nominate my address for this task.

*Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any lost parcels that may or may not contain cool books that I shall add or not add to my personal collection.

45 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Would there be a way to pool all the Canadians together to save and ship from within Canada once arrived?hm

Well, Heritage is more than willing to have you pool your books together from various auctions and then ship them to you whenever you want.  :gossip:

I am actually surprised that they don't charge you some sort of storage or insurance fee for holding onto your books like this.

As for shipping, it is best to use USPS because they will simply be rerouted to your nearby Retail Postal Outlet for you to pick up.  In fact, you can specify to Canada Post that all of your parcels are automatically rerouted to your nearest RPO.  Most parcels simply gets waived right through without any additional fees at all except for the minor invoice fee.  (thumbsu

If shipping to Canada, you should never ever use UPS because they will send everything to a private Customs brokerage house which guarantees 100% verification by Canada Customs with you footing the entire bill for everything (i.e. broker's fees, customs fees, invoice fee, etc.).  :censored:  :mad:

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, Heritage is more than willing to have you pool your books together from various auctions and then ship them to you whenever you want.  :gossip:

I am actually surprised that they don't charge you some sort of storage or insurance fee for holding onto your books like this.

As for shipping, it is best to use USPS because they will simply be rerouted to your nearby Retail Postal Outlet for you to pick up.  In fact, you can specify to Canada Post that all of your parcels are automatically rerouted to your nearest RPO.  Most parcels simply gets waived right through without any additional fees at all except for the minor invoice fee.  (thumbsu

If shipping to Canada, you should never ever use UPS because they will send everything to a private Customs brokerage house which guarantees 100% verification by Canada Customs with you footing the entire bill for everything (i.e. broker's fees, customs fees, invoice fee, etc.).  :censored:  :mad:

But which auction house uses UPS? 

It is always the shipping that holds me back from using the auction houses. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Not sure about the current auction houses since the last time I mistakenly used UPS was about 25 years ago with the brokerage fee being more than the cost of the item itself. :censored:

I believe most of them probably use FedEx now, but you might be able to avoid these high private courier charges by simply going through USPS (i.e. United States Post Office).  I guess it's really up to you depending on how much you are willing to pay relative to speed and security of delivery.  (shrug)

12 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Comiclink, Heritage, Comicconnect let you choose from a selection of options depending on the value of the purchase. For my recent purchase off of Comicconnect FedEx Ground or FedEx Air were the only 2 options I could choose.

I don't recall seeing UPS as an option on any of them

Edited by Artboy99

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure about the current auction houses since the last time I mistakenly used UPS was about 25 years ago with the brokerage fee being more than the cost of the item itself. :censored:

I believe most of them probably use FedEx now, but you might be able to avoid these high private courier charges by simply going through USPS (i.e. United States Post Office).  I guess it's really up to you depending on how much you are willing to pay relative to speed and security of delivery.  (shrug)

Hmmm I suppose I'll have to just bite the bullet and see the options. They are not very clearly stated on the web sites for the most part (shrug) , internationally anyway, certainly not on Clink where I am enticed the most...

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Comiclink, Heritage, Comicconnect let you choose from a selection of options depending on the value of the purchase. For my recent purchase off of Comicconnect FedEx Ground or FedEx Air were the only 2 options I could choose.

I don't recall seeing UPS as an option on any of them

So, in your expert opinion, which one is the most Canadian friendly, overall cost wise?

2 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

So it doesn't cost more to be a winning bidder on the ones that charge the buyers premium?

shipping cost is very similar whether you pay a buyer premium or not where it affects you is the import charge so the declared value matters.

That said, it should be declared. Legal, and insurance reasons.

Edited by Artboy99