• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More respect?

33 posts in this topic

I'd vote for Roy Thomas's Invaders. Bringing GA characters back to life and introducing them to new readers in the 70's was both significant and creative.

I thought the concept of the Invaders was totally cool, particularly as I was a big Cap fan. But Frank Robbins' art completely ruined the series for me and prevented me from buying anything more than a few token issues. Hands down the WORST artist in comic history!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Do you think Frank Robbin's art was worse than the art in the New Invaders?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Do you think Frank Robbin's art was worse than the art in the New Invaders?

I haven't seen the New Invaders, but if the art is worse than Robbins', all I can say is: AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

I thought the concept of the Invaders was totally cool, particularly as I was a big Cap fan. But Frank Robbins' art completely ruined the series for me and prevented me from buying anything more than a few token issues. Hands down the WORST artist in comic history!

No one will ever take that title away from Rob Liefeld....ever...

893censored-thumb.gif

Bronze Age? Hmmmm......Vince Colletta?

No one will ever take that title away from Rob Liefeld....ever...

Obviously you need to pick up some Robbins' Captain America.

Liefeld's later stuff made me shake my head, but Robbins art made me want to pull my eyes from their sockets.

robbins_1.jpg

Master of Kung Fu,hands down. Why no one has made this into a feature film amazes me.

thumbsup2.gif I thought the writing and art in this title blew away anything else being done in the mid-70s.

Do I even need to say anything? grin.gif

Master of Kung Fu,hands down. Why no one has made this into a feature film amazes me.

thumbsup2.gif I thought the writing and art in this title blew away anything else being done in the mid-70s.

No but here's your chance to say it all again anyway MOKF headbang.gif

No but here's your chance to say it all again anyway MOKF headbang.gif

Me too! headbang.gif

One of the best parts of the bronze age not mentioned yet would have to be all those great magazines: Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu, Savage Tales, Savage Sword, Creepy, Eerie, Tales of the Zombie, Unknown Worlds of Science-Fiction, even Planet of the Apes, etc. The art and stories were a lot more mature than the comics could be and they also had cool articles and really bizarre ads.

As for comics, many have mentioned Marvel Team-Up and Marvel Two-in-One. I would definitely go with that.

Joe