• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 6

136 posts in this topic

I am going to be running the next round, and I believe that it will be a silent matchup.

Meaning that the players have no idea who they are going up against. How does that sound?

893whatthe.gif

thumbsup2.gif

For the next contest anybody starts, I think that there should be just an actual bracket made, like March Madness. Players can be seeded in terms of how they finished the previous contest.

I would be more than willing to create a bracket and do the seeding. Unfortunately, I don't have nearly enough books to hold a contest.

I had thought about doing the mystery matchup thing but I didn't know how people would react. I am one that likes to stick to my guns and hates changing things as we progress.

So, in my mind I figured we could keep it the same. However, I didn't think or feel concered about collusion of players. However, the next rounds, and most likely the remainder will be jumbled up and or mystery.

CS, that's fine by me. I'd like that better than playing gaute every round. Nothing against gaute personally, but we're just beating each other up and not getting the chance to go up against other competitors.

Gaute, I think we need to tie this third time around so we can each go 1-1-1 against each other. thumbsup2.gif

Someone mentioned that when only three are left in a bracket they should grade in a three way instead of head to head with no bye.

I agree, as long as it's the same way for ALL the brackets, Winners, Losers and Mega Losers.

I am going to be running the next round, and I believe that it will be a silent matchup.

Meaning that the players have no idea who they are going up against. How does that sound?

This is a great idea. I like the mystery part. smile.gif

I don't know. I think switching up combatants is a great idea, but this "mystery" deal seems too far removed from the original contest.

I love having a known opponent that you're trying to outhink, bring out personal rivalries, talk smack, etc.

Otherwise, why have an elimination tournament anyway?

I don't know. I think switching up combatants is a great idea, but this "mystery" deal seems too far removed from the original contest.

I love having a known opponent that you're trying to outhink, bring out personal rivalries, talk smack, etc.

I agree.

How can I trash talk the next guy who's butt I'm gonna whoop if I don't know who he is!?

sumo.gif

Good idea, but I agree with JC, of course after this round it will be hard to mix up the winners group, but mixing up us loser/mega losers would be good. I'm not one to talk smack, but it does get me reved up knowing who the opponent is, especially if it is a highly respected grader.

Anyone else getting a bad feeling about this comic? I detest grading Moderns, since CGC puts them to a tougher scale, and I feel this book will be my doom!

See ya in loser land!! hi.gif