• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 6

136 posts in this topic

I have been in 3 ties with 3 different individuals.

Is there something your desperately tryin to say??? 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

Yes that my three opponents should be ashamed of themselves. 27_laughing.gif

But seriously, I think there is a lot of kidding on these boards but I don't feel for one minute that anybody is cheating. Unfortunately there are a lot of ties and that might give some people pause. I like the idea of having a mystery opponent, which should stifle a lot of the nay-saying.

Unless people just want to complain.

#1 9.4 Stays in Losers

#3 9.8 Stays in Losers

Yet another tie!

I'm invincible! devil.gif

Only if you'd come to the MEGA-LOOSERS round.....I'd show ya a thing or 2. stooges.gif

You better watch it or I'll... I'll... Tie you! sumo.gif

I have been in 3 ties with 3 different individuals.

Is there something your desperately tryin to say??? 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

Yes that my three opponents should be ashamed of themselves. 27_laughing.gif

But seriously, I think there is a lot of kidding on these boards but I don't feel for one minute that anybody is cheating. Unfortunately there are a lot of ties and that might give some people pause. I like the idea of having a mystery opponent, which should stifle a lot of the nay-saying.

Unless people just want to complain.

Yeah,I was just kiddin.I,myself have'nt really thought about or considered that anyone would cheat. This is all for fun so what's the point confused-smiley-013.gif....I'm sure there will be another contest soon. popcorn.gif Yeah a mystery opponent sounds great! But I can't talk smack or can I .... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

#1 9.4 Stays in Losers

#3 9.8 Stays in Losers

Yet another tie!

Only if you'd come to the MEGA-LOOSERS round.....I'd show ya a thing or 2. stooges.gif

You better watch it or I'll... I'll... Tie you! sumo.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

#1 9.4 Stays in Losers

#3 9.8 Stays in Losers

Yet another tie!

If you think about it, isn't a 9.8 much closer to 9.6 than a 9.4? I mean, a 9.6 isn't going to have many flaws really, while a 9.4 can actually have a few. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

#1 9.4 Stays in Losers

#3 9.8 Stays in Losers

Yet another tie!

If you think about it, isn't a 9.8 much closer to 9.6 than a 9.4?

How the heck did you come by this logical conclusion?,it's beyond me...... insane.gifinsane.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifstooges.gif

Im happy I finally got a tie to stay alive. And while I now see the positive value of a dwindling WINNERS bracket and an increasing ELIMINATED list, yielding an eventual winner who went undefeated throughout (or nearly so once the dust settles)....

CLEARLY, the number of ties is a huge problem in scoring... It relies too much on LUCK... the proverbial luck of the draw as to whom you happen to be up against in that round.

The format is fine for the next contest (though I much prefer Nikos scoring system) but if we use this one again, the TIES problem's gotta be solved!

#1 9.4 Stays in Losers

#3 9.8 Stays in Losers

Yet another tie!

If you think about it, isn't a 9.8 much closer to 9.6 than a 9.4?

How the heck did you come by this logical conclusion?,it's beyond me...... insane.gifinsane.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifstooges.gif

juggle.gif

Im happy I finally got a tie to stay alive. And while I now see the positive value of a dwindling WINNERS bracket and an increasing ELIMINATED list, yielding an eventual winner who went undefeated throughout (or nearly so once the dust settles)....

CLEARLY, the number of ties is a huge problem in scoring... It relies too much on LUCK... the proverbial luck of the draw as to whom you happen to be up against in that round.

The format is fine for the next contest (though I much prefer Nikos scoring system) but if we use this one again, the TIES problem's gotta be solved!

easy solution, anyone that has a tie should just be eliminated from the contest sumo.gif

Ok, here she is.

9.8 Grades Given:2

9.6 Grades Given:18

9.4 Grades Given:14

9.2 Grades Given:3

9.0 Grades Given:1

book6label.jpg

I thought the dinged corners would drop it a little more. Guess not.

Losers Bracket

#31 9.4 Stays in Losers

#33 9.4 Stays in Losers

yay.gif

Wow, I shouldn't have been selling all my moderns for 25 cents if that graded that high. But then 4 years ago I send in a poly bagged Spider-man #1, perfect in everyway, white pages and all and it came back at 8.5. Go figure. I think they were just sick of seeing those Spidey #1s

Ouch! 0.2 off and Scandinavia is out. Well it's been fun y'all.. Seeya in the next contest, and of course in the Vancouver 2010 Winter Grading contests.

Cheers, gaute. You were a worthy opponent, three times! thumbsup2.gif