• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To pay or not to pay GPA prices. That is the question!
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I'm just curious what peoples rule of thumb are for when they pull the trigger on buying books in regards to price. Generally I have been sticking to GPA for guidance unless it's a book I really want or doesn't come up for sale often.  My question is not for your personal "must have" books.  Case in point,  I am starting to collect Conan 1-24 CGC 9.0's only  (because of my OCD and the fact that that my Conan 1 from my childhood is a cgc 9.0).  Most dealers (on and off eBay) I am finding are listing these books 2-3 x's higher than GPA which I was surprised because I would have thought 9.0's would have been easy to pick up. When I write sellers to try strike a deal they have been firm on the price which also surprised me. 

Edited by Xenosmilus

eBay isn't really a good place for FMV, their fees of almost 15% make that difficult for a seller. I mainly look for the types of books that I don't mind "overpaying" for when I go to eBay. Overpricing on eBay seems to have gotten really bad, to the point where the sellers who used to be considered over priced are not so bad in comparison now. The other day I saw a book I wanted at about 4 times what I would have considered too much.... so in the "Make An Offer" field I typed in "Oh HELL No ! " but for some reason eBay rejected my offer. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I like to stick to 50% of GPA.  Conans on eBay should be doable.

Edited by lizards2
If it's a true auction on eBay