• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I've seen GPAnalysis.com mentioned many times on these boards:  https://comics.gpanalysis.com

...but I'm more of a reader of low grade copies and reprints than a collector of valuable books so I don't use an online pricing service.

----------------

Ture Hoefner

Edited by Turnando

Are you referring to graded books or raw books?

16 hours ago, Turnando said:

...but I'm more of a reader of low grade copies and reprints than a collector of valuable books so I don't use an online pricing service.

----------------

Ture Hoefner

+1, that is exactly how I collect but even low grade books can be valuable depending on your definition of valuable, however...

The best place to see what the current market value is would be "eBay sold listings".

All of my books are raw and I check eBay sold listings 4 time a year (and have been since 2014) for sale prices of my key/favorite books just for giggles, insurance purposes and a list thru the years for research/reference purposes such as "hot" movie books.

I look at auction items only, books that are in the same grade (or close) to mine (which requires looking at their pics to see if they graded accurately, a minimum of 5 different bidders and consistency from different sales of the same book in that time period.

Even though others will tell you that it is totally outdated long before it is released and irrelevant to current pricing I still use the Overstreet Price Guide for a "general reference of price" and have been since the early 80's.

Now,If you are referring to the current value of CGC graded books eBay is still a very good reference but other than that, IDK.  (shrug)

Edited by marvelmaniac