• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics That Brought You Back

43 posts in this topic

I've never been completely away, but there definitely have been times when I've been much more casually involved in the hobby than now.

When I went to college in the early 1980s I had stopped following anything outside of New Teen Titans and Legion. By the time they moved those two series to their Baxter versions, I stopped picking them up as well. But sometime in 1985 I came across back issues of Alan Moore's Saga of the Swamp Thing in the quarter boxes. This was the cross over with the Demon, #26 or #27. I got hooked again in a big way, and managed to gather up the Moore back issues before the hype really hit with #34 or so. Fortunately that reeled me back in, just in time for Crisis, Watchmen, Dark Knight, Miracleman, etc.

Then by the 1990s I was down to pretty much Sandman and the very occasional "Legends of the Dark Knight" arc. When James Robinson's Starman arrived I picked that up every month as well. But what re-ignited my interest in the DC Universe proper was Grant Morrison's JLA #1 revamp in 1997. And ever since I've been pulled in more & more: DC One Million, JSA, Superman/Batman, Identity Crisis, Seven Soldiers, Infinite Crisis... yay.gifinsane.gif

(And Astro City, America's Best Comics and the Ultimates have done their share as well.) headbang.gif