• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my 'The Champions' #1

42 posts in this topic

umm...buy a new scanner for your benefit, or stick with my crappy hp all-in-one and make washed-out scans that obscure the real flaws in my comics...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gifpoke2.gif

Well, not for my benefit (cuz the books are all scuzzy moderns poke2.gif) Anyway, the only reason to scan is to sell . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I scanned manually, but didn't change any settings. I believe the DPI was 300 and the image size was 100%. I then took the scan into Photoshop to resize it. Don't know about any filters or such...I'll have to check that out after work.

That's why I choose a target size of 4" width so I don't need to resize it later. Here's an example of one of my scans Front Back

Well, I like to have a mega-scan AND a selling scan -- So I resize and compress using Adobe software because it is superior to HP's image software. makepoint.gif

OK that's cool. What settings do you use for a MEGA-SCAN? confused-smiley-013.gif

I scanned manually, but didn't change any settings. I believe the DPI was 300 and the image size was 100%. I then took the scan into Photoshop to resize it. Don't know about any filters or such...I'll have to check that out after work.

That's why I choose a target size of 4" width so I don't need to resize it later. Here's an example of one of my scans Front Back

Well, I like to have a mega-scan AND a selling scan -- So I resize and compress using Adobe software because it is superior to HP's image software. makepoint.gif

OK that's cool. What settings do you use for a MEGA-SCAN? confused-smiley-013.gif

I still use 200 dpi, but at 100% (no compression) and the scans are generally 7.5 to 8" widths and anywhere from 600kb to 1mb.

umm...buy a new scanner for your benefit, or stick with my crappy hp all-in-one and make washed-out scans that obscure the real flaws in my comics...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gifpoke2.gif

Well, not for my benefit (cuz the books are all scuzzy moderns poke2.gif) Anyway, the only reason to scan is to sell . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

or to glean some grading knowledge/techniques off you folks so eventually i can get a good idea of a comic's grade by looking it over myself.

huzzah! thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gifpoke2.gif

or to glean some grading knowledge/techniques off you folks so eventually i can get a good idea of a comic's grade by looking it over myself.

huzzah! thumbsup2.gif

It'll never happen look at Hobby

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yeahok.gifpoke2.gif

huzzah! thumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif

the only reason to scan is to sell . . .

I've scanned hundreds of books from my private collection that I have no intention of selling. I like to create galleries so I can browse my books without having to go through boxes.... poke2.gif

the only reason to scan is to sell . . .

I've scanned hundreds of books from my private collection that I have no intention of selling. I like to create galleries so I can browse my books without having to go through boxes.... poke2.gif

tube-freak screwy.gif

stooges.gif

You got it, now you can expect to see some retaliation on me for this when he sees it. devil.gif

Excuse me Nefaria, Mr. Newbie, but you shouldn't bring up things when I'm not even involved in the thread. Someone else directly me to this thread because you were running your mouth off like you know who I am. A little advice, keep it shut when you have no idea what you're talking about. If I suck at grading, then why am I still in the grading contest after 6 rounds? Obviously I know something. screwy.gif

F-ing troll.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif ... confused-smiley-013.gif

my only guess is that Hobby's a member here who, after some time, still can't grade a comic for his/her life?

Jack, since you're a newbie, I'll give you a little advice gossip.gif There are some of us who really don't care about "grading" as much as others. I look at a book and give it my best educated guess, but I really have no interest in learning all the particulars, because the grades don't matter to me that much. I'll buy a 7.0 book and be happy with it, because I just enjoy having them to look at. I'm never going to own an OS Grading Guide, and I could care less about them. gossip.gif

You got it, now you can expect to see some retaliation on me for this when he sees it. devil.gif

Excuse me Nefaria, Mr. Newbie, but you shouldn't bring up things when I'm not even involved in the thread. Someone else directly me to this thread because you were running your mouth off like you know who I am. A little advice, keep it shut when you have no idea what you're talking about. If I suck at grading, then why am I still in the grading contest after 6 rounds? Obviously I know something. screwy.gif

F-ing troll.

Is that how you judge somebody's significance is with post count? screwy.gif Not a Troll, Maybe I’m dumb here but I thought a troll follows you around on the board and throws darts at your posts. Where do you come off with the Newbie stuff. Just because you've got a big mouth and post to every little tidbit doesn’t mean you've been around so much longer than me. If you ask me people weary of your dribble anyway. This was meant in total jest If you can't take it then that's fine I won't deal with you anymore. Maybe I have been getting carried away with my sense of humor lately but it appears you need some. Do you always attack people with ignorant PM's? :insufficiently_thoughtful_person:

F-ing troll.

Hob-goober,

Not only are you a hothead, but a sniveling little one at that, AND you "suck at grading". The only reason you're still in the grading contest is that it "sucks" too. If you had actually read the thread, you'd have seen that we were all having a good time, and no harm was meant . . .

So tell you what - learn to laugh at yourself (it's the best material you'll ever have) 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

F-ing troll.

Hob-goober,

Not only are you a hothead, but a sniveling little one at that, AND you "suck at grading". The only reason you're still in the grading contest is that it "sucks" too. If you had actually read the thread, you'd have seen that we were all having a good time, and no harm was meant . . .

So tell you what - learn to laugh at yourself (it's the best material you'll ever have) 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Excuse me "david," but hasn't it always been suggested to use the stooges.gif graemlin when one doesn't mean any harm by a statement? People have been on my case for not using it. If Nefaria had done so, I guarantee I wouldn't have had the same reaction. makepoint.gif

Jack, since you're a newbie, I'll give you a little advice gossip.gif There are some of us who really don't care about "grading" as much as others. I look at a book and give it my best educated guess, but I really have no interest in learning all the particulars, because the grades don't matter to me that much. I'll buy a 7.0 book and be happy with it, because I just enjoy having them to look at. I'm never going to own an OS Grading Guide, and I could care less about them. gossip.gif

Hey, that's fine. I honestly could care less how good people are at anything, or how much effort they put into it. No need to qualify yourself to me, I'm just here to try to scavenge some knowledge from those who are kind enough to drop a scrap or two.

As far as my post, I was just trying to figure out what in the heck Nefaria was talking about, so take no offense. thumbsup2.gif

Hey david (and everyone), since you think I don't know how to grade, I thought I'd research how I've done on the latest contest.

Round 1: CGC grade 8.0, my guess 8.5, off 1 grade

Round 2: CGC grade 8.0, my guess 8.0, nailed

Round 3: CGC grade 9.0, my guess 8.5, off 1 grade

Round 4: CGC grade 6.0, my guess 8.0, the only one I've screwed up

Round 5: CGC grade 7.0, my guess 6.5, off 1 grade

Round 6, CGC grade 9.6, my guess 9.6, nailed

I don't know how to grade huh? In 6 rounds, I've nailed 2 grades and been off by only 0.5 three times. I must know what I'm doing, huh? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey david (and everyone), since you think I don't know how to grade, I thought I'd research how I've done on the latest contest.

Round 1: CGC grade 8.0, my guess 8.5, off 1 grade

Round 2: CGC grade 8.0, my guess 8.0, nailed

Round 3: CGC grade 9.0, my guess 8.5, off 1 grade

Round 4: CGC grade 6.0, my guess 8.0, the only one I've screwed up

Round 5: CGC grade 7.0, my guess 6.5, off 1 grade

Round 6, CGC grade 9.6, my guess 9.6, nailed

I don't know how to grade huh? In 6 rounds, I've nailed 2 grades and been off by only 0.5 three times. I must know what I'm doing, huh? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

screwy.gif

Oh, and btw: NO stooges.gif