• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's baaayaaackk...!

23 posts in this topic

Unfortunately he was trying to flip everything way to quick and he crashed and burned in the Heritage Auction. flamed.gif

He would have had to wait a long time to sell at a profit. The fact is he paid too much at the very height of Spidey-mania.

I really wish GPA had some of those sales recorded. I think GPA started up just after the Spider-Man movie opened, which means it's was about 6 or so months behind what I remember being the craziest prices. Some books are still well under water three plus years later (ASM 14)

GPA wouldn't have captured the true record prices anyway. They don't capture ComicLink transactions, and in any event the $150K sale was done offline by Josh, so it never even showed up on ComicLink. I would be willing to guess that every big ticket ASM is still underwater compared to the record prices paid either privately or publicly at the height of Spidey-mania.

It's true that GPA would have missed some of the biggest results, but it definitely wouldn't have missed all of them. There was a lot of pretty intense action on eBay- maybe not always the absolute top price, but still prices that would be fascinating to browse through in comparison to the current market.

Anyone call in the see what the notes say on this book. If that color breaking crease is noted then they should fire the grader.

I wonder what grade was given to the book by the pre-graders.