• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Statistical Analysis for ComicSupply Contest

102 posts in this topic

I took the day off work today to work on this. I'm sure I'm opening a can of worms with this. But I ran it by Fan4Fan, Kiltman and Deathlok. After all the work DL has invested in the rankings I didn't want to step on his toes in any way. Each round shows a cumulative total that you have been off to that point for each round

So here it is

Columns are as follows

1 Your Number

2 Player Name

3 W,L,T,N,B,D Win, Loss, Tie, No Grade Submitted, Bye, Disqualified

4 Grades off for that Round

5 Your submitted grade

6 Total grades off to that round your looking at

Stats6.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Thanks Nefaria, very interesting indeed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm going to add something to this in the next hour. I am going to create a spreadsheet similar to Nikos last contest, giving 4 points to nailed grades, 2 points to missing by 1, 1 pt to missing it by 2 grades, and 0 for the rest, just to see where everyone would stand in that manner.

And I'm gonna do this whether anyone else likes it or not. stooges.gif

hm Thanks Nefaria, very interesting indeed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm going to add something to this in the next hour. I am going to create a spreadsheet similar to Nikos last contest, giving 4 points to nailed grades, 2 points to missing by 1, 1 pt to missing it by 2 grades, and 0 for the rest, just to see where everyone would stand in that manner.

And I'm gonna do this whether anyone else likes it or not. stooges.gif

I could add a column to mine using formulas to generate a points total.

Thanks for posting that. Now I know I am in the winner's bracket legitimately (having a total of 4 grades off) despite a few nay-sayers complaining about ties. thumbsup2.gif

But what am I doing in the Losers bracket, then? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just had to put in a whine for JC's sake... yay.gif

Thanks for posting that. Now I know I am in the winner's bracket legitimately (having a total of 4 grades off) despite a few nay-sayers complaining about ties. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, but getting a bye for a round was a big leg up for you too, not to take anything away from your grading.......as it was for Zipper.

Red

I think the next contest should be scored by grades off or some other grading scale......I suppose you could still have match-ups for competition sake..no winners or losers. Also say whoever dont get a certain # of points by a certain round will be eliminated. Just some ideas....anyone wish to add please jump in... popcorn.gif

Yeah, but getting a bye for a round was a big leg up for you too, not to take anything away from your grading.......as it was for Zipper.

Red

Yeah, I remembered the bye after my post. I was going to edit it, but I figured someone would bring it up for me! 27_laughing.gif

If someone wanted to get all fancy-smancy with the next one, you could have "pool" groups of say 4-8 people, depending on the # of entrants. After som many rounds, you take the top 2-4 (again, depending on entrants) and then run either a double elimination tourny, or make a point total goal.

just my 2 cents

Okay, it's done. Assuming Nefaria's information is correct. These would be the standings, had this contest followed the same format as Nikos61 last contest.

4 points were awarded for nailed grades.

2 points were awarded for being off by 1 grade.

1 point was awarded for being off by 2 grades.

0 points were awarded for being off by 3 or more grades.

Players receiving byes were given 2 points, to be fair, since they were not required to submit grades.

The table shows your contest number, name, followed by columns indicating the number of nailed grades, missed by 1, missed by 2, and missed by 3 or more. The next two columns represent byes or rounds which no grades were submitted; followed finally by the total points earned.

Now, we all realize that this contest isn't following this format. And we should all be fine with that. I am, even if the whole "tie" thing doesn't make me very happy. But dammit, I believe I should receive more respect from others concerning my grading skills. After all, IF this contest was based on total points, I would be just 1 point behind the leaders after 6 rounds. (I'm pretty sure I may be exiting the contest however in the 7th round due to a bit of undergrading foreheadslap.gif )

statstable.jpg