• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Statistical Analysis for ComicSupply Contest

102 posts in this topic

If someone wanted to get all fancy-smancy with the next one, you could have "pool" groups of say 4-8 people, depending on the # of entrants. After som many rounds, you take the top 2-4 (again, depending on entrants) and then run either a double elimination tourny, or make a point total goal.

just my 2 cents

Somewhat like the World Cup? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looks good, but as I recall, Team America was replaced by our own Donut.

Oh, that's right. I'll make that change after round 7 ends, and give Donut the Wise the points Team America previously earned.

A darkhorse to win the whole thing is Fan4Fan coming out of the Losers Bracket with a total of 4, tied for best in the contest.

Not at all, since he had a Bye Round. If you want real stats that mean something, then you need to have a "grades off per round". thumbsup2.gif

A darkhorse to win the whole thing is Fan4Fan coming out of the Losers Bracket with a total of 4, tied for best in the contest.

Not at all, since he had a Bye Round. If you want real stats that mean something, then you need to have a "grades off per round". thumbsup2.gif

I had thought of that as well. An average miss per round. I'll see about adding it.

Mica, you and I are definitely underrated. thumbsup2.gif
acclaim.gif

Of course my most recent pick could potentially even out my progress.

Not too mention Norinn is tough. tongue.gif

But what am I doing in the Losers bracket, then? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Umm, maybe because you got a bye? Those zeros really help lower the numbers, like say... if I got a bye that round, I'd be in Losers with a record low 3 grades off. Amazing.

Do the math.

According to my formula, which divides the total grades off (limiting each miss to no more than 3 grades) by the number of rounds submitted ... our leaders with an average miss of only 0.80 grades, would be ..... DRUMROLL .........

Fan4Fan

october_fire

and Zipper 68

893applaud-thumb.gif

Some others would come in very close with 0.83.

Okay, it's done. Assuming Nefaria's information is correct. These would be the standings, had this contest followed the same format as Nikos61 last contest.

4 points were awarded for nailed grades.

2 points were awarded for being off by 1 grade.

1 point was awarded for being off by 2 grades.

0 points were awarded for being off by 3 or more grades.

Players receiving byes were given 2 points, to be fair, since they were not required to submit grades.

The table shows your contest number, name, followed by columns indicating the number of nailed grades, missed by 1, missed by 2, and missed by 3 or more. The next two columns represent byes or rounds which no grades were submitted; followed finally by the total points earned.

Now, we all realize that this contest isn't following this format. And we should all be fine with that. I am, even if the whole "tie" thing doesn't make me very happy. But dammit, I believe I should receive more respect from others concerning my grading skills. After all, IF this contest was based on total points, I would be just 1 point behind the leaders after 6 rounds. (I'm pretty sure I may be exiting the contest however in the 7th round due to a bit of undergrading foreheadslap.gif )

statstable.jpg

Cool, I'm in a league of my own with 13 pts. acclaim.gif

Thanks for putting this together. I've actually been wondering how this contest would have been shaping up under the Nikos scoring methodology, but was too lazy to even figure out my own score. sleeping.gif

Thanks for posting that. Now I know I am in the winner's bracket legitimately (having a total of 4 grades off) despite a few nay-sayers complaining about ties. thumbsup2.gif

I just had to put in a whine for JC's sake... yay.gif

You are in the losers bracket because that is where i put you devil.gif

Umm, maybe because you got a bye? Those zeros really help lower the numbers, like say... if I got a bye that round, I'd be in Losers with a record low 3 grades off. Amazing.

Do the math.

I knew I could count on you to set me straight, JC! thumbsup2.gif

yeahok.gif

Do the math.

I knew I could count on you to set me straight, JC! thumbsup2.gif

yeahok.gif

I knew the Bye's and No Grade Submitted would screw up the total grades off. Didn't know of any other way to handle it. Doesn't seem right to enter a bogus number when no grade is submitted. Only way I can think of is have the person on bye submit a grade even if it isn't required, of course it wouldn't alter his position though. But then that almost defeats the purpose of bye's and taking a break.

Thanks for posting that. Now I know I am in the winner's bracket legitimately (having a total of 4 grades off) despite a few nay-sayers complaining about ties. thumbsup2.gif

Wow... tough crowd. Can't even issue a faux whine...

And eddly... what bracket are you in exactly? poke2.gif

Wow... tough crowd. Can't even issue a faux whine...

And eddly... what bracket are you in exactly? poke2.gif

foreheadslap.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

According to my formula, which divides the total grades off (limiting each miss to no more than 3 grades) by the number of rounds submitted ... our leaders with an average miss of only 0.80 grades, would be ..... DRUMROLL .........

Fan4Fan

october_fire

and Zipper 68

893applaud-thumb.gif

Some others would come in very close with 0.83.

All three had byes though which account for their lower Total Off average.