• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Statistical Analysis for ComicSupply Contest

102 posts in this topic

Banner and I are the best Mega Losers. yay.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Also better than most of the losers too..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Also better than 1 of the winners! 893whatthe.gif Something is wrong here..... popcorn.gif

Interesting...I knew I was doing well with my grades and it looks like I'm tied for 1st using a more analytical approach to rankings. It's obvious this format doesn't work. Going into it I thought the brackets would be realigned after every round with the top guessers moving on, not that it would be mano-v-mano every round. frustrated.gif

According to my formula, which divides the total grades off (limiting each miss to no more than 3 grades) by the number of rounds submitted ... our leaders with an average miss of only 0.80 grades, would be ..... DRUMROLL .........

Fan4Fan

october_fire

and Zipper 68

893applaud-thumb.gif

Some others would come in very close with 0.83.

All three had byes though which account for their lower Total Off average.

Actually, no it doesn't. I didn't include their byes in the formula. This number was based on only the 5 rounds they submitted grades. makepoint.gif

Actually, no it doesn't. I didn't include their byes in the formula. This number was based on only the 5 rounds they submitted grades. makepoint.gif

Actually he means that mathematically, with such a small number of rounds and "grades off" totals, you should be comparing the same number of rounds. It's no coincidence that the best rating for Byes is 0.80, and 0.83 those who played all of the rounds.

I'd personally like to see the standings of ALL those who got Byes, compared to those who did not. It is such a HUGE advantage in a contest like this, but I'd like to see exactly how much.

Actually he means that mathematically, with such a small number of rounds and "grades off" totals, you should be comparing the same number of rounds. It's no coincidence that the best rating for Byes is 0.80, and 0.83 those who played all of the rounds.

I'd personally like to see the standings of ALL those who got Byes, compared to those who did not. It is such a HUGE advantage in a contest like this, but I'd like to see exactly how much.

I though you said you were here to have fun and not over analyze things? confused-smiley-013.gif

statstable.jpg

I have been away for a few days, I just got back from San Diego. Why am I showing Disqualified? confused-smiley-013.gif

The original chart Nefaria made showed that you sumbitted a grade for only 1 round.

statstable.jpg

I have been away for a few days, I just got back from San Diego. Why am I showing Disqualified? confused-smiley-013.gif

The original chart Nefaria made showed that you sumbitted a grade for only 1 round.

'

Whoops!! I am completely wrong. I must have been looking at someone else. Sorry Slacker, I'll get it fixed.

I think the easiest thing would be to have ComicSupply just disqualify him. That way, we can keep the chart. thumbsup2.gif

With the grade I supplied this round I probably disqualified myself tonofbricks.gif

I think the easiest thing would be to have ComicSupply just disqualify him. That way, we can keep the chart. thumbsup2.gif

With the grade I supplied this round I probably disqualified myself tonofbricks.gif

Join the club. I'm just having fun now, no stress. insane.gif