• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Statistical Analysis for ComicSupply Contest

102 posts in this topic

Here's the updated info after 7 rounds. The "Average Miss" does not incorporate a round in which a player had a BYE. I've determined that's not the way to compare. Some will beg to differ, but they're wrong. poke2.gif

statstable.jpg

What's that chart say?

I'm the worst grader still the the loser's bracket! poke2.gif

Well somebody has to knock me off! sumo.gif

And the next round is ...

Arty. 893whatthe.gif

Hello Mega-Losers bracket! hi.gif

Since JC is ignoring me now ( 893applaud-thumb.gif ), I decided to look at a different statistic. Congrats to OF for winning the Winner's Bracket. He is the winner thus far, and I expect he'll do well in the Overall Bracket Championship as well. 893applaud-thumb.gif

However, for this table, I thought it would be interesting to look at the percentage of rounds in which contestants have accurately graded within 1 grade of the actual CGC grade. Unfortunately, byes (to the delight of some) hurt the numbers, as there were fewer rounds for these players in which grades were submitted.

I find the results very interesting, don't you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gif

statstable.jpg

Unfortunately, since the Winner's bracket is over, and OF will not be grading again for a very long time, this will be the last time that any statistics can be studied for the current tournament.

What's that chart say?

Arty. 893whatthe.gif

Don't say that.... I need you to exact my revenge ...Arty beat me earlier in the contest & nailed the grade! 9.0 8.5 popcorn.gif Thanks for the chart hobgoblin.... flowerred.gif

Please note, Flying Donuts grades also include Team America's, so I'm not sure how they were affected.

Please note, you .....I didn't submit any grades.......FD took over my place before the contest started! makepoint.gif

Please go easy on Rainman here, the boy was up all night counting cards.

What's that chart say?

Arty. 893whatthe.gif

Don't say that.... I need you to exact my revenge ...Arty beat me earlier in the contest & nailed the grade! 9.0 8.5 popcorn.gif Thanks for the chart hobgoblin.... flowerred.gif

I bumped Arty down in round 8. gossip.gif

Please note, Flying Donuts grades also include Team America's, so I'm not sure how they were affected.

Please note, you .....I didn't submit any grades.......FD took over my place before the contest started! makepoint.gif

Listen, "," I had no idea. Sue me. A simple explanation would have done nicely, but I know its popular here to resort to name-calling rather than giving rational answers.

Hobgoblin thank you for giving these statistics. It does help me keep track of the progress. Some may complain about the statistics, but I kind of like them.

Must be the sports fan in me.

Hobgoblin thank you for giving these statistics. It does help me keep track of the progress. Some may complain about the statistics, but I kind of like them.

Must be the sports fan in me.

Uh hgh, what about Nef? angel.gif

Since JC is ignoring me now ( 893applaud-thumb.gif ), I decided to look at a different statistic. Congrats to OF for winning the Winner's Bracket. He is the winner thus far, and I expect he'll do well in the Overall Bracket Championship as well. 893applaud-thumb.gif

However, for this table, I thought it would be interesting to look at the percentage of rounds in which contestants have accurately graded within 1 grade of the actual CGC grade. Unfortunately, byes (to the delight of some) hurt the numbers, as there were fewer rounds for these players in which grades were submitted.

I find the results very interesting, don't you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gif

statstable.jpg

Unfortunately, since the Winner's bracket is over, and OF will not be grading again for a very long time, this will be the last time that any statistics can be studied for the current tournament.

Yes, very interesting. 'specially the way you framed the calculation to ignore the 1 round where you were off by 3 vs the 1 round where I was off by 2, leaving you with the same percentage as me instead of the lower percentage you deserve.... 893whatthe.gif

I wanna make my own chart and factor that in properly and give myself more points than you!! makepoint.gifdevil.gif

: yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

statstable.jpg

Yes, very interesting. 'specially the way you framed the calculation to ignore the 1 round where you were off by 3 vs the 1 round where I was off by 2, leaving you with the same percentage as me instead of the lower percentage you deserve.... 893whatthe.gif

I wanna make my own chart and factor that in properly and give myself more points than you!! makepoint.gifdevil.gif

: yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Guilty as charged. sorry.gif