• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Remainder Copies

2 posts in this topic

The recently opened thread "spinoff: well loved comics in your collection that you hang onto", got me thinking...

I have never seen a thread dedicated to "Remainder Copies" which are a part of comic book history and as such IMO also need to be "Loved and Celebrated". :cloud9:

The Avengers #7 was the first remainder copy I ever owned (did not even know what a remainder copy was at the time), it was purchased from a used book store in a local Farmers Market back in the late 70's/early 80's.

I used to go there once a month or so to buy funny books (Harvey/Archie, etc) and Marvel/DC just to read, they sold coverless comics, 3 for a quarter or 15 for a dollar and there it was, Avengers #7 with most of the cover!!!!  :bigsmile:  :applause: :whee:Cost me a dime.   :luhv:

I added a few more to my collection later on as they showed up (mostly from eBay) since I could fill runs at 1/3 - 1/2 the price of a full cover book which put a big :smile: on my face.

Here are mine.

AVENGERS 7

ac4hfp.jpg

AMAZING ADULT FANTASY 7, 8, 9

i41qfs.jpg

1116ooo.jpg

f2tw83.jpg

TALES OF SUSPENSE 17

105zgqa.jpg

X-MEN 2

dzeecy.jpg