• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

What are the four issues top left shelf? It looks like they say Game Time, but there's no listing for that title in my Overstreet...

It's a full set of It's Game Time - the rarest 1950s set.

What is the issue that looks coverless to the right of the Superman 14 shield cover, and the one immediately above that one, to the right of the Defend Your Home issue?

Firstly that's not a Superman 14, and secondly, if I tell you everything, then no-one has a chance to guess what they are.

There are no coverless comics there unless they were issued that way ( a clue ??)

What is the issue that looks coverless to the right of the Superman 14 shield cover, and the one immediately above that one, to the right of the Defend Your Home issue?

Firstly that's not a Superman 14, and secondly, if I tell you everything, then no-one has a chance to guess what they are.

There are no coverless comics there unless they were issued that way ( a clue ??)

Ah, I just guessed from the Overstreet listing description. I seem to recall your posting the Comics Code issue that didn't appear to have a cover.

Lots of fun in any event. It reminds me of scanning old newsstand pics to see what was on the shelves...

Can someone please host the pics on a private ftp server or e-mail them to me (brrempel@gmail.com) so I can view them from work?

fussy, fussy 27_laughing.gif

I'm not complaining, but would like to see the pics. You going to step up and e-mail them? confused-smiley-013.gif

Can someone please host the pics on a private ftp server or e-mail them to me (brrempel@gmail.com) so I can view them from work?

fussy, fussy 27_laughing.gif

I'm not complaining, but would like to see the pics. You going to step up and e-mail them? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey! I'm workin' here! makepoint.gif

I'm not complaining, but would like to see the pics. You going to step up and e-mail them?

No but I will.

I still hope someone can send me by e-mail the three pics at under 150k each. Someone tried, but they were 250 each.

These are the three coolest pictures ever posted on this forum (well, outside of the Babe Test). Absolutely stunning. Well done, well done, well done. Just incredible. My virtual hat is off. MORE PICTURES IAN!

It's a copy of Superman and The Great Cleveland Fire from 1948 which was produced for a hospital fund. Also the comic next to The All-Flash #1 is a copy of Narrative Illustrated, The Story of the Comics. Several different version of this book exist with different inserts of the religious comic.

Ah, I just guessed from the Overstreet listing description. I seem to recall your posting the Comics Code issue that didn't appear to have a cover.

Ah, now that's there, and if you look closely you will see it's there, but it's not the comic you asked about to the right of the comic that you thought was a Superman 14 but that isn't a Superman 14 at all.

It's a copy of Superman and The Great Cleveland Fire from 1948 which was produced for a hospital fund. Also the comic next to The All-Flash #1 is a copy of Narrative Illustrated, The Story of the Comics. Several different version of this book exist with different inserts of the religious comic.

You are correct on both counts, and I am staggeringly impressed. How on EARTH did you identify the ridiculously rare "Cleveland Fire" ?????

These are the three coolest pictures ever posted on this forum (well, outside of the Babe Test). Absolutely stunning. Well done, well done, well done. Just incredible. My virtual hat is off. MORE PICTURES IAN!
Charter member of the fan club. 27_laughing.gif

Ah, now that's there, and if you look closely you will see it's there, but it's not the comic you asked about to the right of the comic that you thought was a Superman 14 but that isn't a Superman 14 at all.

Ian is correct as it is not Superman #14 it is a promotional book that was produced in the 1940s. It is a workbook so to speak and a copy was sold at Sotheby's in the 1990s. Do you have a copy of Taylor's Christmas Tabloid?