• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Statistical Analysis for ComicSupply Contest Byes

34 posts in this topic

If anyone has a gripe it would be with the contest structure, not with the participants. I'm sure CS and Bella will smooth things out next time around.

Right?

That is for sure. As most of you know I am not a fan of how this contest is set up. The next one we do is going to be different.

That was not meant as a criticism, just so you know Bella D. I think it's impossible to launch a new contest format without encountering some bugs.

Ohh...I said "bug". insane.gif

Just don't say it three times.

Candyman

Candyman

Candyman

Hey, everyone is posting their anal little statistics, so I thought I'd add to the discussion. I wasn't going to post it, as I was just curious myself, but these numbers are INSANE.

I am not bitter in the least (except against Deathlok to eliminating me grin.gif) and I simply found the sheer statistical advantage of a Winner Bye to be astounding. Mind-blowing really, especially 66.6% vs. 10% - WTF?

Thanks for the info JC. You are right, that is an astounding result.

I vote no more Byes! sumo.gif

Make being odd man out a penalty, not a gift... Just like musical chairs -- if you don't get a matchup, you automatically drop down into the next lower bracket! devil.gif

If anyone has a gripe it would be with the contest structure, not with the participants. I'm sure CS and Bella will smooth things out next time around.

Right?

That is for sure. As most of you know I am not a fan of how this contest is set up. The next one we do is going to be different.

That was not meant as a criticism, just so you know Bella D. I think it's impossible to launch a new contest format without encountering some bugs.

Ohh...I said "bug". insane.gif

I know it was not meant as criticism flowerred.gif. I really would hate to play in a contest like this. It just seems the format Niko's did last is pretty cut and dry and easy. No one gets any byes and so on. Also you do not have to worry about partners and all that. I would be up for hearing anyone's ideas on a new contest. As long as it is pretty simple I am all for it.

I like teams.

Smaller though, as four was too many.

Three would be good because don't 3 CGC graders grade a book? laugh.gif

Teams suck, as there is no way to ensure that every person contributes. Team up Redhook, drbanner or Flying_Donut with 3 chimps and they'll still place high.

Single player is the way to go, no matter what format you choose.

Teams suck, as there is no way to ensure that every person contributes. Team up Redhook, drbanner or Flying_Donut with 3 chimps and they'll still place high.

Now I'm not sure about that! 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif I like single player format myself....

I just think the single format is the best. Every player for him/her self. Way less to set up each round which will make things go a lot faster.

Not to mention that takes away most of what people complain about. It seems to be the format that makes almost everyone happy.

Single player is the way to go, no matter what format you choose.

blush.gif

This is also getting pretty creepy, as 66.6% of those receiving a Bye are still in Winners, while only a measly 5% of those NOT receiving a Bye remain.

My Kingdom for a Bye!!!