• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please someone help me figure out the character I am thinking of!

7 posts in this topic

I am looking for the name of a DC hero relatively unknown, younger maybe early 20s in his debut. I think he was a person of color*maybe not*, pink/purple tint with purple lightning? I can't remember his name for the life of me, and it's driving me bonkers.

I think there was a depiction of him by Alex Ross. Again, maybe not, please help lol

4 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Relatively easy for me as I'm a JSA fan, and that was a great series.

I'm reading up on his origin now. I didn't know he inherited Johnny Thunder's "genie". That's a cool way to pass the torch of an older mostly retired character. I have some new reading to do for sure. Thanks again.

JSA was good for a really long time, thanks to Geoff Johns.  Start with JSA #1 in 1999 and keep going.  The title sags when he leaves during that stretch of Alex Ross covers, but he starts the new volume at #1, and goes until #26.  Whoever harshes on Johns hasn't read this stuff, and it pains me to see these in dollar bins.