• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Worlds of Fear #3 (and a bonus game of: "IS IT TRIMMED?") - GRADE IS IN!!!! OMG!

25 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2019 at 9:37 PM, kav said:

9.6 assuming this wrinkling is on the bag otherwise 8.5

Screenshot 2019-03-19 at 6.36.41 PM.png

That is wrinkling on the comic itself, but the issue will be cleaned and pressed before grading (I'm gonna eat the cost and see how it turns out as an experiment, there are so few of these anyways in the census, let alone in good condition). I also agree an 8.5 might be where its at right now (that was my guess prior to posting), and i'll cross my fingers for a higher PLOD.

2 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

That is wrinkling on the comic itself, but the issue will be cleaned and pressed before grading (I'm gonna eat the cost and see how it turns out as an experiment, there are so few of these anyways in the census, let alone in good condition). I also agree an 8.5 might be where its at right now (that was my guess prior to posting), and i'll cross my fingers for a higher PLOD.

In honesty I don't think it's an 8.5 right now, and am not sure it would get there even with cleaning and pressing. The back cover spine has a number of color breaks and what looks like a small gash or tear towards the bottom... not sure that would press out? (Maybe it will, I just don't know.) I think even if you do all that you would net out somewhere closer to Apparent 7.0/7.5, as nice as the front looks.

The results are in and.....NOT TRIMMED!!!! FREAKING OUT HERE NOW! :D  

This also makes it one of the top three in the census as well, and compared to every copy of this issue (actually out of most golden age comics too) i've seen it has the BEST crisp edges out there. Sure, it has the CT...but I think we can all live with that on such a beaut (especially with WHITE pages)

20190821_132246.thumb.jpg.7730a87578af6012990054b28ab20939.jpg

Edited by Sauce Dog

2 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

The results are in and.....NOT TRIMMED!!!! FREAKING OUT HERE NOW! :D  

This also makes it one of the top three in the census as well, and compared to every copy of this issue (actually out of most golden age comics too) i've seen it has the BEST crisp edges out there. Sure, it has the CT...but I think we can all live with that on such a beaut (especially with WHITE pages)

Wow, that's great. Congrats!  :applause: