• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My SD con report

97 posts in this topic

great sketches John -- thanks for sharing! Now we gotta get Tim to post his... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I would love to, but I had to leave my sketchbook in San Diego so that I might get a sketch from Jim Lee. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

damn those sketches are nice! His pencil work is nice... like it better than when it is painted over by him. hail.gif

I agree! Great sketches, especially the one of Batman! 893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gif

If I remember, Tim's was actually nicer -- hopefully when he gets his sketchbook back he can post it and get the drooling underway... thumbsup2.gif

For those that have not read it, Chuck's San Diego Report #4 IMO sums up what San Diego has become and while for the old-timers that lament it is not the same Con it used to be, dealers should learn from this and figure out a way to harness all the comic related energy in that room into comic collecting. I do not have all the answers, but how great would our hobby be if we could get only 1% of those people to join the hobby even in a small way it would be fantastic!

I finally met Deathlok. What a freaking pussycat! Softspoken, calm and when you start talking to him quite sharp. SO different from his online persona!

sumo.gif

You've been exposed! gossip.gif

Where's your con report? sumo.gif

Jim

confused-smiley-013.gif Don't have all my books, as some are being shipped up via fedex. Also, my first couple of day's notes are in there as well! makepoint.gif

I finally met Deathlok. What a freaking pussycat! Softspoken, calm and when you start talking to him quite sharp. SO different from his online persona!

sumo.gif

Not as exposed as you normally do in the parks of Vancouver. gossip.gif

sumo.gif

How would you know? 893applaud-thumb.gif

sumo.gif

Even rumors of your exploits are known here in the States. Kinda like watching the perps on Cops.

sumo.gif

Even rumors of your exploits are known here in the States. Kinda like watching the perps on Cops.
cloud9.gif

sumo.gif

cloud9.gif
You're more of a FDQ than Janice Dickinson. hail.gif

sumo.gif

cloud9.gif
Surreal Life junkie. 893naughty-thumb.gif

sumo.gif

cloud9.gif
acclaim.gif

sumo.gif

cloud9.gif
acclaim.gif
Later sucka....will troll you later! makepoint.gif

sumo.gif

cloud9.gif
acclaim.gif
Later sucka....will troll you later! makepoint.gif
Gee, how I look forward to that. sleeping.gif