• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Investing" in comic merchandise

25 posts in this topic

Ive bought just a handful of the statues. Given that the productions numbers dont seem all that limited (1000?) and given the price and lack of overwhelming demand... and there are so many!!! But I did buy the Swamp Thing, the bronze Batman, and the three big Marvel statues with the "ultra-limited" alter ego mini-busts Spidey, Hulk and Cap...then they stopped. I thought those were worth picking up.

I wish I had started buying the bowen mini-busts, the $40 ones, but once they accumulated and looked cool altogether, the prices were already moving on the "rare" ones--- so Ive passed on the whole thing. You know, if you cant have a complete set what's the point, right?? Move on to something else.

Long-term value? the rarest and the best always win, but as manufactured collectible theyre risky.

What do you think of Thor's Hammer, GLs power battery etc???

The golden age and silver age figures really surprised me. Most of the action figures I've seen are from those era. Not much of the new comic guys. Does this mean the old heroes are making a comeback? Or is it that there isn't enough interest in the new heroes???

I saw the Captain America shield in person. It is huge. Really nice piece. I like most of the bowne line and have a few statues and busts. Would like a chrome Surfer bust but it is in the $300-500 level now. I am happy with the Man-Thing, Apocalypse (which is awesome) and 20 or so others i have. Anyone have a bowen full size Batman on gargoyle statue for sale or trade?

You can buy Thor's hammer! I saw it at the Megacon in orlando. On the hereoclix I didn't buy them as investment - I have no idea what they could be worth. I just like em! And since I like complete things, it was best that I bought the entire sets to avoid that annoying search forever stuff! I haven't really bought any of the non-comic book stuff as investment - just because it's cool!