• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storing Comic Books

28 posts in this topic

I started out with long boxes also. If you look close you can see most of my short boxes are new.

1) they do fit better on pre-made shelves.(try finding some shelves 2 1/2 feet deep.)

2)WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY lighter. Long boxes are good for storing a long run of comics. but I'd much rather move 20 short boxes before 10 long boxes.

It's all a matter of personnal preference. I dont think one is better than the other(unless you move them around alot wink.gif)

That closet thing is a great idea . I have a space under the stairs that would be perfect , just have to convince my wife .

The closest is under the stairs. We have a split foyer house and the wife was glad for me to build it to get them outta her site.

Arex

I was going to wait until I got a bit more organized before taking/posting a pic, but I didn't.

Got these shelves at LOWE'S for about $65 per. Holds 16 short boxes (20 if you use the top shelf) perfectly. I took an empty short box to the store to make sure I got the proper depth when I bought the first set. Heavy duty yet you'll be able to move them yourself.

9a93s0.jpg

Those are the shelves I was beeyotching about earlier. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Maybe I just got a faulty batch as yours look like they went together in the manner they were supposed to. frown.gif

Hey guys,

Here's my storage for my high grades.

Comic goes in a regular/silver mylite. That then goes into a silver 4 mil mylar, with a backing board inside behind the comic. So it's rigid, but nothing touches the book except mylar. I don't trust the buffered boards.

They then go in white, gold-size short boxes, with maybe a couple of fingers of space at the front. Everything's on shelving units at least a foot off the floor. I keep them in a small locked interior room in my basement (nice and cool) with a dehumidfyer in the adjoining room. I have a hygrometer (cheap at the hardware store) which measures the humidity. I like to keep it around 70%.

I never stack boxes more than one on top of the other. It's just a basic no-no.

Got around 2500 books stored this way. Works perfectly. The books are safe as kittens until I turn 150 (right now, I'm 35).

Hope it helps.

Shep

I have somewhere between 7000 and 7500 comics(25 long boxes full) and I'm trying to design a stackable shelving system(so I can get it in or out of the doorway). Hopefully I can build 3 shelves that can hold 9 or 10 long boxes. When I finish, I'll post it on these boards.