• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone had an order or auction they won become "unavailable" on ComicConnect?

4 posts in this topic

I won a stack of preliminary art back in March 11, and there was no update on its shipping status since then. I messaged ComicConnect support about it yesterday and I was told it's "unavailable" and the consigner has not sent it in (is probably refusing to). They just completely removed the order from my status and acted like nothing ever happened.

Is this a normal thing with ComicConnect? Has this occured to anyone else who won auctions on ComicConnect? Is there any recourse to this or am I expected to just suck it up?

I mean the comicconnect system seems flawed and I might be hesitant to use Comicconnect again in the future if a consigner can just refuse to send in their consignments after the auction has ended, because they aren't happy with the final hammer price and I can't even give them feedback on the transaction.

It is one thing if the comic you ordered from a straight up buy it now on the exchange is not available.  That is bound to happen.  That's happened on ComicLink, ComicConnect, eBay... 

However if at auction then I would have presumed that they had it in their possession.  If they allowed the individual to list the item at auction and they did not have it in their possession and was then unable to procure the item from the seller then that is an issue.   From my interactions with Metropolis, I would think that while you are not getting your art, they might not be dealing with consignments from that individual again.

I’ve had this happen on comic connect.  I also had another order which took two months to ship.  I don’t know if it’s that their system is broken or they’re not very proactive with customers who don’t spend 5 or 6 figures on a book/art.  Like at their booth, their attention is quite selective.

Edited by comicquant