• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] MARVEL SA/BA

82 posts in this topic

Shipping: I try to get you postage as reasonable as possible while protecting the merchandise.  But, you still need to pay for it.   Postage is what it is, and it ain’t cheap.  I am totally up for whatever makes it cheap – removing backboards, outer wells and inner wells.  I just can’t ship media mail.   

I can usually send a single book or two boxed first class for a reasonable rate, if desired.  My zip is 97630, so if you’re in the West Coast postal zone, stuff ships cheaper.   I also ship to frostbacks, ‘roids, jimmers and elsewhere in the world. 

Payment: Checks & M.O.s are accepted.  Paypal begrudgingly accepted.  Trades considered - link me to your books!  I’ve recently completed several successful trades!!   :banana: Time payments are usually fine.

Minimum Merchandise Order - $20 - More than kind of arrogant. :cool: 

Agreements:   (tsk)  No H.O.S. members, card-carrying P.O.S., H.O.C. occupants, puppy-kickers, butt-lickers, etc.  Secret hand-shakers OK on a case-by-case basis. 

Grading: I have been in the hobby over 45 years.  If you see any glaring grading errors, please inform me via PM.  I try to be conservative, and have cracked about 400++ slabs.  However, I am not perfect..., but working on it.  :D

Return Policy: yep!  However, please don't try to return something because you failed to read the detailed description.

Caveats: I can’t seem to run a large thread like this without including a book I either previously sold or can no longer find – I apologize in advance for my lack thoroughness in this respect.  And sorry for the PhotoPhucket spamming off the thumbnail images.  I can pm you the full-size scans if you are interested in a particular book.  For some reason, my scanner seems to “add dirt” or “add foxing” to some of the back cover images – you can always ask what’s real and what’s scanner effect.  If a book has foxing, I usually point that fact out.

:takeit:You can do it in the thread, you can do it via PM, you can do it in the road.  In the case of ties, it goes to the PM.  GET SOME!!!!  :headbang:

No Secrets:  My full Marvel Sale Catalog (about 2 1/2 long boxes) including lesser priced SA/BA/CA/MA are all posted out in the dustbowl known as mixed, in quickly viewable thumbnail format.  Shop ahead of this thread!  Add to your order!  GET SOME!!!!  :headbang:

OK - I guess it is against the board rules to have these books in the GA/SA/BA Sales Forum at the same time they are in the Mixed Forum, even though hardly anyone frequents the Mixed Forum, and these are only 10% of the books that appear in my Mixed Thread.  Oh well.  I really think this is a petty rule for these circumstances, as there is little overlap between the sales forums, and little overlap between the threads.  But oh well.  Rage against the machine :headbang: 

If you want any of these books, send me a pm or buy them out of the mixed thread.

Edited by lizards2

Amazing Spider-Man 91 9.0 white pages $65.  A few spine stresses and distributor overspray top cover with a bit of color loss @ center FC – I’ve had three copies of this book, and all were like this.  White, fresh and clean copy!  Funeral of Capt. Stacy.

asm91.jpg

asm91bc.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 97 9.2 white pages $120.  Only wear is the slight indent with paper loss at bottom spine.  Otherwise, the book is perfect in every other aspect. So, am thinking the indent is production related.  The photos of the area make it look way larger than it actually is.  Very white, glossy and fresh copy.
asm97.jpg
asm97bc.jpg

th_asm97x.jpg th_asm97xx.jpg th_asm97xxx.jpg th_asm97xxxx.jpg

Edited by lizards2

4 minutes ago, SkOw said:

Will there be any Batman in this thread?

I've been struggling to get a DC sales thread off the ground - I do have quite a few SA/BA Batman and more of Detective.  If you're interested, send me a pm.

Amazing Spider-Man 250 9.2 ow pages $10.  Couple spine tics.
asm250.jpg
asm250bc.jpg

Avengers 7 7.0+ OW pages, $175.  Rare, higher grade pence copy.  Wear area at lower staple FC, nick in logo box FC.  Nice clean, white FC.   I actually hate to give this pence copy up, because I love them so, but I have a much nicer appearing cents copy.
av7.jpg
av7bc.jpg

Avengers 21 8.0 maybe better, white pages, $50.  Wear at URFC.  Wally Wood inks!
av21.jpg
av21bc.jpg

Avengers 22 8.0/8.5 OW/W pages $45.  Discoloration halo inside covers.

av22.jpg

av22bc.jpg

Avengers 66 9.0++ white pages $90.  Little nub @ LRFC, teensy thumbnail above “The Great Betrayal” box.  White, fresh and clean inside and out.  $6.50 written in pencil on first interior page.
av66.jpg
av66bc.jpg

Avengers 164 9.4 white pages $20.  Whitman Variant – Byrne Art.

av164.jpg

av164bc.jpg

Captain America 146 8.5++ white pages $10.  Spine stress & dint @ URFC/ULBC.

ca146.jpg

ca146bc.jpg

Champions 10 Copy A 9.2 white pages $15.  Small crease at LRFC.
champions10.jpg
champions10bc.jpg

Creatures on the Loose 22 copy b 9.0 white pages $15.  Steranko cover.
COTL22b.jpg
COTL22bbc.jpg

Doctor Strange 179 8.5 ow pages $30. Purchased from boardie as 9.0. Spine tics and rub @ lower staple area for grade.  Spider-Man cover!  Date stamp on FC.
drs179.jpg
drs179bc.jpg

Fantastic Four 42 4.5 ow pages $22.  Moisture like wrinkling along spine on both front and back covers, but no staining.  Tanning halos on inside covers.  Very nice appearing copy for the grade, especially under mylar.
ff42.jpg
ff42bc.jpg

Fantastic Four 114 7.0 slightly OW pages $12.  Spine cracks and NCB dints.

ff114.jpg

ff114bc.jpg